lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default HELP!! 42v PDS TXT

I just recently finished rebuilding a 2004 TXT PDS. I converted from 36v over to 42v during the rebuild. First time running the cart the motor sounded like it was "seized up". With the gas pedal fully engaged my pack voltage began to fall under load quickly the cart was only doing about 8-10 mph. All of the sudden it broke loose and we were off to the races, as fast as 26 mph. Even after I had it running it would take a little while to get up to speed. After the maiden voyage the motor is very jumpy, almost to the point of surging in both forward and reverse as you first hit the gas. Today, we go for a ride and with the gas pedal fully engaged my pack voltage jumps from 37ish back up into the 42s and it seems the cart is not getting any power. This then led to the cart completely not moving. My buddy who was with us did hop out and give it a push which got us going briefly but then back to stone dead at the house. When I purchased the cart it was in really bad shape and no idea how long it had been sitting for. Do you guys think this is as simple as the motor is fried, or could it be something else. Just as some final notes, EVERYTHING on this cart is brand new with the exception of the gas pedal, the brake pedal, and the motor. All wiring was replaced with the exception of the main wiring harness and the wires from the charging port. Concerning the controller, the green light is on when I turn on the ignition but there have been times when I am not hearing the "click" after I put it into gear and press the gas. Any ideas boys?
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: HELP!! 42v PDS TXT

Had a cart do the same thing and it was a failed motor. Yours acts like a brush issue.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Would the lack of a "clicking" be attributed to the motor being shot?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Could be. Look at the led and see if it is flashing when you push the pedal. May give you an error code to help diagnose..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #5
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Wanted to update you guys on what was diagnosed after I spoke to Alltrax. I had a blinking orange light which meant that it was a motor fault not returning voltage back to the controller. Decided to go with a D&D instead of the Admiral, but only because my local shop had one in stock. Ironically, that was a good decision because the armature on the stock motor was almost fused to the spline. They ended up having to drop the axle, disassemble the motor on a table and take an air hammer for close to 2 hours to finally get it off of the spline!
Old 10-28-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwc1621 View Post
Wanted to update you guys on what was diagnosed after I spoke to Alltrax. I had a blinking orange light which meant that it was a motor fault not returning voltage back to the controller. Decided to go with a D&D instead of the Admiral, but only because my local shop had one in stock. Ironically, that was a good decision because the armature on the stock motor was almost fused to the spline. They ended up having to drop the axle, disassemble the motor on a table and take an air hammer for close to 2 hours to finally get it off of the spline!

Good to hear you got it fixed

2 hours . That's because they didn't know what they were doing. If they took the rear end out of the cart. It should of took about 5 minutes to get the motor off the shaft, with a few drops on the ground It would of popped right off
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I hope they didn't charge you for 2 hours labor cuz there stupid
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO