lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2016, 02:30 AM   #1
Cartbuilder1
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2009 RXV Electric

The cart rolls in tow or run. Turn key to F or R and the cart lunges and continues to beep. Single beep doesn't stop. Charges fine. Motor is new. But not sure if this is the obvious but the motor to me smells burnt. Just don't want to buy s motor if I'm not 100% sure. I also have a 3 pen connection under the plastic tow switch cover. Orange, purple/white strip, & Red. No where to put it don't see a home for it. I've tried everything except I haven't found a dealer with the hand held in town. Crazy I'm 6 miles from 2 authorized EZGO dealers neither own the handhelds. Give me something to check or try. Changes receptive out. I'm stuck without a handheld I'm guessing. I didn't own the cart when it stop running. Bought it loaded super cheap in hopes that I could get it running. :help:
Cartbuilder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2009 RXV Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartbuilder1 View Post
The cart rolls in tow or run. Turn key to F or R and the cart lunges and continues to beep. Single beep doesn't stop. Charges fine. Motor is new. But not sure if this is the obvious but the motor to me smells burnt. Just don't want to buy s motor if I'm not 100% sure. I also have a 3 pen connection under the plastic tow switch cover. Orange, purple/white strip, & Red. No where to put it don't see a home for it. I've tried everything except I haven't found a dealer with the hand held in town. Crazy I'm 6 miles from 2 authorized EZGO dealers neither own the handhelds. Give me something to check or try. Changes receptive out. I'm stuck without a handheld I'm guessing. I didn't own the cart when it stop running. Bought it loaded super cheap in hopes that I could get it running.
It's failing the Motor Brake test. Replace the Motor Brake, likely where the burnt smell is from. You can buy from sellers on eBay for less. Do not overtighten the bolts when you put it on. Where are you located? You might be near someone with an older RXV handheld.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
Cartbuilder1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks but even with the motor unbolted and still plugged in it could and would act like that. I'm in West Chester, OH right in between Cincinnati and Dayton.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The motor brake should remain locked until the cart is either in F or R and the go pedal is pushed. If it is not locked when the cart powers up it will not go because it failed the locked brake test. When the cart powers up it tries to spin the motor. If it moves it fails..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #5
Cartbuilder1
Not Yet Wild

Make sense I've only had them not want to come unlocked never stay unlocked and then not run but that must be one of the checks that the system does when you put the key switch to forward or reverse and so it knows the system is failed. Thanks I'll let you know if it works headed over to buy one now.

Tags
beeps, lunges forward, won't move after that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO