lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
ezgowheelie2007
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo controller and ITS testing

Bench testing a Curtis 1206 controller and ITS with a 36 VDC power supply. I connected a 36 VDC power supply + to B+ on controller and jumpered that to pin 4. Wired - to B- on controller. The way I understand it pin 2 black wire to ITS should have 14 VDC but I have 0 there. Does anyone know why that is?
ezgowheelie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo controller and ITS testing

You're missing a bunch of required connections for power up. Pin 4 is just the reed input, the MX has a bunch of connections that just go in and right back out for whatever reason; causes burnt traces... but anyway. You also need J1-5 to +36 and you need your tow/run plugged in and switched on. or you need to jumper J3-1 to J3-2 and J3-3 to J3-4 These supply logic power and b+ aux to the rest of the control from J1-5/4. You also probably need key closed...so jumper J1-9 and 8. With those you should get your 11~15V on J4-4 (ITS supply)
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
ezgowheelie2007
Not Yet Wild

My cart is a series cart so I only have pins 1,2,3,4 and B+,B-,M- on my controller. So from my 36VDC power supply I have run the + to B+ and pin 4 and the - to the B-. It is my understanding at this point pin 2 should have 14VDC going to ITS does that sound correct? I don't think I need to have the motor wired up do I? Thanks
Old 12-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Ah, my mistake 1206 with no suffix letters... then no you're doing it correctly. B- and Pin 4 is enough to power it up, so you should be seeing your ITS supply. Pin4 goes directly to a regulator the output of which goes directly into a secondary regulator circuit then out to Pin2. The motor doesn't need to be hooked up sounds like you have a bad control then.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
ezgowheelie2007
Not Yet Wild

I found the problem the connector on pin 4 was not making contact. Found it by using jumper wires instead of connector it worked. So crushed connector a little works fine thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO