lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #21
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High torque series motor

It was worth a shot!!!!
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I just checked out the thread you posted. Pretty incredible videos but I can't imagine what that must be doing to the aluminum frame when it hits.

Still in the thinking stages and it will probably be this spring before I buy a new motor but I'll fill out the online form at D&D and see what they recommend.

I'd like to see a hp and torque comparison for the different models/suppliers. Are they basically the same or do any really stand out?
Instead of filling out the form online, give D&D a call directly and ask to speak with Vic. He is very knowledgeable and full of info, so have some question written down and ready for him.

I think you're going about this the right way by doing your homework before making a decision; I did the same thing.

A few motors I considered before deciding on the D&D were the AMD "Beast motor" which can be found by a site sponsor for a good price (Golf Cart King), Plumquick Grizzly II, Black Widow II and Rattlesnake II. Maybe you can check those out also.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #23
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I spoke with Vic also. Real stand up guy. The motor recommended by the online questionnaire would work but he had a "special, under the counter" model that would really make my day! He also explained to me that while I could build a cart that would run 30 mph, I would HATE the tradeoffs especially on a farm. He also sells controllers but said for this project/motor he referred me to Steve at Bohlinger Inc. Another real knowledgeable guy. They do a lot of carts but their mainstay is industrial battery powered equipment. Can't wait to get this buggy running!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #24
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Dundee, are you saying that DD suggested using another companies motor instead of one of theirs?

I did call Vic today but couldn't reach anyone. Probably due to the holidays. Will try again next week.

I would consider a custom but if there is an off the shelf may be more economical.

I'm thinking a motor that has enough torque to do wheelies should be enough for my needs. I'm not trail riding but use around home as a utility vehicle, ride my baby girl around the neighborhood, and will eventually use at our lake house.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #25
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry. No. Vic sold me one of his motors but referred me to Steve to sell and set up the controller and controls. Not sure on the differences in price of the different motors. Shouldn't be a lot. My "strategy" was build it once, best of everything, [within reason] and it will cost me less in the long run as I won't be buying more sh$% to upgrade later. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #26
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wheelies? no. This motor has enough torque to do it [Steve set the fields at 325a to start =21hp, but the acceleration curve is soft enough to avoid that. Wheelies break sh$%. This buggy has to work for a living. I wanted it to be quick but not violent. But if I don't like it I can rent a handset in the spring and tweak the settings to my liking. Hey, this is a sharp learning curve for me but I'm liking it so far, in part to the great help and information on this forum.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #27
Desparky
Not Yet Wild

Like someone else said, $730 shipped. I have alltrax apm 600 amp controller and custom 2/0 cables. Scotty B's 400 amp contactor and f/r contactor. It will stand straight up if someone is sitting in rear seat!
Desparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:32 PM   #28
Desparky
Not Yet Wild

Here is a picture of my wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160407_101829.jpg (234.9 KB, 0 views)
Desparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #29
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice clean job! Would love to put mine in that space but the road salt here would quickly ruin it.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #30
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

I spoke with Vic@d&d. He recommended a couple of different motors depending on my priorities.

Maximum torque, 80 ft/lbs, 15-16 mph, a es-5 motor.
A little less torque but more speed, a es-58 motor, 60 ft/lbs and 18-20 mph.

Says the bandit I have is at 30 ft/lbs torque. So both offer lots more torque than what I have.

I like to lug around the yard and he says over time the current surges can burn up f/r switches, battery post and motors and it's best to operate them wot rather than lugging around.

So the es-5 would be the safer option but I do like to get on paved roads and like a little more speed at times.

Anyone running a es-5? If so what is your top speed and what size controller?
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car