lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Swamppro
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear end troubles.

My 98 converted 48 volt had full posi. Previous owner welded spider gears. This past week it popped during turn and lost posi and started grinding. Opened it up today and cleaned it up and got old loose slag out. Put it back together and runs perfect except whines when coasting. Any throttle and it's real quiet but the second you let off gas and no load rear end hums bad. What would that be? Thanks.
Swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Rear end troubles.

what gear oil did you use ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Swamppro
Not Yet Wild

80/90 regular gear lube. It hummed like this after it broke when I brought it home during the week. No grinding now just humming
Old 01-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #4
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

The loose slag you got out probably worked it way into the bearings and worked itself around the gears causing some wear. Under load the gears and bearings are loaded no noise, coasting they are unloaded, thus causing you noise.
Just my .02 cents.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
Swamppro
Not Yet Wild

I saw some wear and a chipped gear. May run it some and see if it wears in. Will look at ordering gears soon though. Need to order a charger as well. Mine just crapped out. Rains it pours.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO