lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Club car lipo battery help

Those batteries are different than the ones I bought from them. Mine are from a Nissan Leaf. What car did those come from? You need a special charger - hope you got one. They should have provided the anderson connector with the charger.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
Jerald j
Not Yet Wild

I got my battery's from ev battery center they were 1200 ish and go about 40 miles per charge. I belive I got the 4200watt setup that came with bms and everything else. For the charger I got the best charger from ev battery center and it was around 180. Then shipping was about 200. Once it arrived I had some buddies help me move the battery's out and the new ones in and I was set.
Jerald j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #13
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

You guys are K I L L I N G me!!!!
I STILL haven't gotten batteries for my Precedent because I really, really want to go with the Lithium, but I've been talking myself out of it....
I was looking at the exact set up you have over the weekend and I just don't know!!!!

My biggest hurdle is that this buggy sits at camp from April through November and I am only there on weekends. I am seriously afraid of theft...
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #14
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've been trying to come up with a steel frame mesh cover to lock down over top of the battery pack to deter theft.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #15
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
I've been trying to come up with a steel frame mesh cover to lock down over top of the battery pack to deter theft.
That sucks, but the Car is worth more than the batteries, so are ok with leaving it there?
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm not worried about the cart being stolen. Only one way in and out and the owner lives on site and If she doesn't recognize a vehicle, she will chase it down. That being said, it wouldn't be real difficult for someone that camps there to heist the Lithium pack and make off with it without any suspicion. There are 280 camp sites and 209 are occupied...

My cart is rather unique, it's not going to be taken without someone noticing
Old 02-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #17
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make some metal straps and bolt it down with tamper resistant bolts or pad lock it .
Put a cheap car alarm on it.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #18
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

No matter what security you do someone will get it if they want. A wizard saw and a scott bottle will defeat all mentioned. (Retired firefighter) Don't let it stop you if you want it though. Hide a lo jack type device on it.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #19
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

John,
I was thinking exactly what Seaquell said.

It may not stop the hard core thief, but it will stop or slow down most anyone else.

Good luck,
George
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #20
Jerald j
Not Yet Wild

So today the voltage got down to 35 and when I went to plug in the charger nothing happened. The light on the charger stayed green and didn't click on to red. I checked at the Anderson connecter and the voltage is 35.1 why is it not charging ? Oh and does anyone know how to use the wifi bms. I found the button to turn it on but I don't know the password to connect to it.
Jerald j is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batterys, club car, club car battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car