lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Headlight and Taillight help please.

Well I have had great luck on this forum when I have had a problem you guys are great. So I'm on vacation and I have my 2007 club car presidence and it has one of the cheap light kits nothing crazy. So it has worked fine for a few years no issues. Used it last night no problem at all. Go to get in it and no lights front or rear. Jiggled all wires everywhere and it's not a short that I can tell even checked batteries and connection at batteries and that's all good. So I'm not saying someone was messing with carts where I am but I looked at back of main front light and wires come from a harness and meet up with headlights but from the harness is a black wire with a female connector and a white wire with a female connector just laying free. Did they get pulled off the light?? Or are they just not used with a Headlight. Taking the light off if I need to fix I think is 2 screws on back side ??? My 12v. Cig. Lighter next to light switch works fine in case that helps.... thanks for any and all help!!!
K9 Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Headlight and Taillight help please.

Update. So went and turn switch on and lights worked out of the blue. So the black and white wire disconnected have nothing to do with it. Cart was plugged in but bathere's were not low when lights were not working...does this sound like a bad switch or something else?? Thanks
Old 03-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It sounds like you've got a short in your light switch. The wires you're seeing that are unplugged are for an optional horn. Replace your light switch and you should be good to go sir.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:08 AM   #4
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey thanks for the info!! I'll try that. The wires we where taking about I can hook a horn up too?? How would one do that??
Old 03-04-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just mount a 12 volt horn and hook it up. You'll need a horn button for a Precedent to mount on the column. It plugs into the wire harness behind the dash.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Just a note. I had a 2007 Precedent cart, just sold it last week cause I bought another cart, "Long story". Anyway, I've gone through three light switches. They go bad, the switches. Get a good one to replace it with.... They last longer...
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Iambobert
Not Yet Wild

I had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago when we took our 11' CC Precedent on vacation. The lights randomly stopped working. They had cut out a little bit before but jiggling the switch would usually fix it. Because of this, we stopped at a powersports shop along the way and picked up a new pull/push switch for the lights and it immediately fixed the issue. Just to see I wired the old switch back up (after I confirmed the lights worked with the new switch) and they didn't work at all. Just like Down South mentions above, I think the switches just go bad.

Does anyone know if the other types fare better? I'm thinking about going to the full street legal type set up with the light controls on the stick.
Iambobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #8
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
Just a note. I had a 2007 Precedent cart, just sold it last week cause I bought another cart, "Long story". Anyway, I've gone through three light switches. They go bad, the switches. Get a good one to replace it with.... They last longer...
I was thinking about replacing my factory headlight switch with one of the push in switches that look like an elevator button. I'm not a fan of the pull switches. Do you know if it will it need a relay? I do not have a wiring diagram for the cart so I cannot tell if the factory lights already have a relay on the switch or if all of the power goes through the stock switch.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Typically no relay on factory lights.

Switches for DC applications are of "fast action" design.

Switches designed for AC only operation will quickly go bad switching DC loads.

If You have LED lights, the current will be very small so no problem, otherwise a relay will allow you to use any switch you like.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car