lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #11
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Wwbgwd

Did you not check the cart out before buying? You said it runs great so why worry what kind of motor is in it now? Worry about it if/when the motor fails...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #12
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

If I was replacing motor, by reviews, I would go with the slightly more expensive admiral and buy from Dave at revolution. Cart runs well but has five Duracell batteries and one Trojan 875 too. Needs new battery cables. Haven't been able to check controller as I have to pull body to see ,and horn didn't work until I put on headlights and then worked after. Wires from horn seem to run to run from key switch. No voltage reducer. But, just an IQ chasis, the wheels and tires, two chargers, and the custom body, probably justify close to the asking price. I could part out the visual cart and get my money back. Just because you step on the accelerator and the cart goes well and then runs smoothly, doesn't mean you can't have a little disappointment in the way it is built. If I had done it from the ground up I would have done it differently, but some of the included items are expensive and I will stick with them.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #13
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I see from your other thread that your cart is already having issues. That stinks since you just bought it yesterday. I'd be disappointed now as well. Good luck getting it squared away...
Old 04-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #14
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I see from your other thread that your cart is already having issues. That stinks since you just bought it yesterday. I'd be disappointed now as well. Good luck getting it squared away...
Buying a used cart and having some issues is expected. I would not want the perfect cart. Tinkering with it is half the fun. My "disappointment" ( word used by another poster) is more a lack of complete satisfaction in the parts used to build the cart. At $2700, even if it does not run perfect, I am sure I won't get hurt here.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #15
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Wwbgwd

Wasn't trying to upset or offend you. I apologize if I did. However you did state you were "disappointed" in post #6. But not trying to be nit picky with ya. Personally I think $2700 isn't a lot but with running issues it stinks. And about getting hurt, I agree. We don't buy and mod these carts as an investment lol...
Old 04-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #16
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Okay. Not offended nor upset. Stand corrected on saying disappointed first. But still, far from disappointed in the cart. Would not choose a D&D motor and would not avoid buying a full set of like batteries and would not buy Duracells. But, all are working and will not replace. If one of you guys were to see my cart, you would first lift that seat to see what is under. You would think I didn't care about my cart or didn't know better.. I guess that is disappointing, but not worth spending the money to change. Not thrilled with the color either, but that goes with buying someone elses project.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess I'm in the minority here but I have NO complaints about my blue motor. I have only had it running about 3 months but have worked it HARD driving through heavy snow, towing trailers ect. No issues and really impressed with the torque. Figured, lean on it hard now before the warranty is up.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car