lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #1
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rescuing a marathon

Found this cold, shivering and sitting in the mud. Just had to do something!

So far removed the body, scraped, sanded frame and undercarriage, removed all electric except motor, removed old springs, actually installed new HD Springs today but need shock extensions or longer shocks. By the way, if anyone knows if any automotive shock crosses over to this cart, please let me know. Reinstalled electric. It's just about time to start on the body.
GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
JDutour
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rescuing a marathon

Sweet project. As soon as I get mine moving both directions I will start the teardown on mine.
JDutour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you do a quick search there are a few posts about shocks and a few Monroe shock lists that shows length.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got a 86 marathon myself. Just got some new hd springs in this week. Gonna try to get them on this weekend. When doing this, are longer shocks needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tj4orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #5
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Tj, The shocks are too short. I added a bracket from a trailer kit that was purchased at Tractor Supply but I'm sure can be purchased elsewhere or easily fabbed. It dropped the mount by about 2 inches. An inch would probably do it but you need room for the nuts that hold the shock and the mount. Truthfully, I doubt that the shocks are even needed. These springs are really stout and don't compress hardly at all. I'm sure the ride will be really stiff. But since I'm going to use it as a light workhorse around the property, I can accept the stiff ride.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Moving right along!! Cool. I see you are going to paint it. Are you keeping it Old 'Caterpillar Yellow? Good choice for a workhorse.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
Tj4orange
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFERDAN View Post
Tj, The shocks are too short. I added a bracket from a trailer kit that was purchased at Tractor Supply but I'm sure can be purchased elsewhere or easily fabbed. It dropped the mount by about 2 inches. An inch would probably do it but you need room for the nuts that hold the shock and the mount. Truthfully, I doubt that the shocks are even needed. These springs are really stout and don't compress hardly at all. I'm sure the ride will be really stiff. But since I'm going to use it as a light workhorse around the property, I can accept the stiff ride.

Errr that honks me off. When I ordered the new leafs, there was a note stating that you needed longer u-bolts, but didn't say anything about shocks. Why take the time to detail things you need but not all of it? Frustrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tj4orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #8
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, know what you mean. Oddly enough, I got the longer U Bolts too. But after I installed the springs I thought my old ones may have had enough length to work.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nope Dundee, not the Yellow but close..... it matches the green on my Heineken Sign!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Funny, I have a couple of tractors and a combine here that shade,,, hmm.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO