lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Newb with a 1988 Club Car DS

Dude, you got a fleet.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #22
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

I had zero viable carts about a week ago... Ive been researching on how the drive system work on the club car from early 80s to present. I tend to go balls deep in everything I do...
FireFighterHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You should definitely be able to come out of that with at least one solid cart...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #24
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Im thinking if I can revive the batteries of the 36v I can get all 4 working for little to no money cause of all the extra parts ive been collecting. Ive already got a co-worker who wants to buy one as soon as its running and good to go.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:17 AM   #25
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

very nice find
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #26
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Small victory today. I got the black cart with the big tires running. I put in a different motor and had to bypass the solenoid.It moved a few feet under its own power, but the battery has been deeply discharged from sitting. Its charging right now.

I got underneath it and found it has ALOT of corrosion in the battery area and a big chunk of the transaxle upper case is missing. I'm thinking of using the other frame and just taking the parts and body from this. The motor isn't in the best shape, it had been sitting in the rain before I put it in and 2 of the post were partially broken off. The motor that was in it im not sure if its any good. The stud/post isolators were all broken and I didn't wanna short to the case, so I didn't try it. I will be most likely either try to rebuild these myself or see if Plum Quick can rebuild and upgrade them.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Those are all great ideas. Hopefully they will yield great benefits..
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #28
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

The start of the addiction!!! I got a D&D motor and Curtis setup through Vic at D&D and Steve at Bohlinger inc. back in Dec. Literally plug in and go. Been flawless so far
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #29
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
The start of the addiction!!! I got a D&D motor and Curtis setup through Vic at D&D and Steve at Bohlinger inc. back in Dec. Literally plug in and go. Been flawless so far
Vic suggested that same setup, but its more than I wanna spend on a controller that I need a special hand held to reprogram. Total would have been like 1200 dollars. For that much money I can get a All Trax and a Plum Quick Assassin motor. I dont need the wiring, I can build that all myself.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:56 PM   #30
Satheddal
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Man that is a tough brake on the motor stud. That exact thing happened to me while I was taring mine down for rebuild. I built a repair stud in hopes that the wires are not broken off inside. I guess I will know when I finish getting it back together.
Satheddal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car