lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2017, 06:11 AM   #1
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default G29 spindle lift vs Madjax A-arm

Been looking to put a lift on my G29 don't want a lift bigger than 4" as I am not using the cart offroad. I have found the madjax 4" A-arm, and I have found 3" spindle lifts from multiple manufacturers. My question is giving that the cart is only used on roads and level terrain is the A-arm worth the extra money, or should I just go with the spindle lift. I have experience with both on club cars but have never installed one on a yamaha and have not had the opportunity to test drive a g29 with either style.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 spindle lift vs Madjax A-arm

a arm lift is much better for off road and trails ect., if you just want it lifted for clearance and its not going offroad just put the spindle lift on. spending extra money on an A arm lift kit only to drive it on the pavment is kinda like buying a dirt bike to drive on the highway
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Spindle lifts have a tendency to be less stable and wander.

I only have personal experience with one spindle lift but it wasn't my personal cart. The steering on it was almost dangerous, so it was probably a combination of problems.

Soft springs, out of alignment, top heavy, too many passengers, all that makes for a very scary ride.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a 6in spindle lift on my cart with no issues whatsoever. Installation was very simple. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I am leaning toward the spindle lift, just wanting a little more clearance not really needing the extra suspension travel.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
Ozzysgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Yamahas already have a steel frame and coil over shocks on all 4 tires...Double A arm lift is not actually needed since coil over shocks are a better suspension to start with.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Ozzysgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #7
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

I went with the RHOX a arm 6" lift. Utilized the factory coil overs and spindles. Barely
More money than the spindle lift. Install went pretty easy.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #8
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok guys I still haven't pulled the trigger and bought a lift yet was leaning toward a spindle lift, however I found the Steleng 4" block lift and was thinking that would be a better lift for my usage. My question is has anyone used this lift, pros cons ease of installation etc...
Old 11-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #9
TIKT B8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

If you just want a little clearance and it will only be used on roads you could go with a Yamaha 2" lift.
TIKT B8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha