lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2018, 08:18 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 to 48 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremykent View Post
Been window shopping a little. Budget is kinda open, but I do want to be able to sell it when done. I haven’t kept a cart I have built in years. Just don’t want so much in it I cant get it back. From what I have found those who want crazy carts whether gas or electric want to build themselves.
So true. In fact, most of the racing carts use AC motors due to the higher efficiency available, and lower weight. No brushes in the motor to burn or wear out, more precise control over motor RPM and torque. I designed and built prototype Electric Vehicles and Neighborhood Electric Vehicles for several startup EV companies. I closed my shop recently after about 15 years of doing this. I finally decided to build something for myself. Kinda right inline with what you want to do. I chose an RXV chassis that I picked up sorta cheap, upgraded the brakes and modified the suspension a bit to handle the higher speeds, and went with a fiberglass race car body and added a roll cage. With the intended tires and wheels, and a tweaked controller, I should be able to hit 47 MPH without increasing motor RPM over my target.

This is the body style I chose...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BandoleroRaceCar.jpg (45.6 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
Notocer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob that really looks nice.
Notocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #13
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Nice ride for sure. Hadn’t thought about ac
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO