lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
tdog69
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoid ?

hi it's been a while but the snow is melting in michigan so i put the ski doo's away and got the club car out ran fine for about 5 min parked in front of shop hit pedal to move (oh ya it's a gas carry- all 90 something i think ) nothing solenoid tested bad had one here off a ford put it on .noe i have no hot off trigger to solenoid . wondering if you guys know anything about these micro switches . it runs fine if i hot wire the solenoid i was also told to check the key am having a hard time finding diagram due to i have no idea what year it is but that was a hole nother thread . thanks for any input .
tdog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: solenoid ?

tdog, The serial # on a Carryall is the same as a Club Car. The first 2 digits after the letter(s) is the year. ie: FG 9043.... is a 1990..... The automotive solenoid may not work for long as they are momentary switches and the GC uses an extended time contact. There is a micro or two in the little black box at the end of the gas peddle rod. check that they are working .....One works on pos and the other on neg current... both need to be operating ....they are simple on/off switches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
sundownshifter
Gone Wild

Club Car

WELCOME!
sundownshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to BGW forums
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
tdog69
Not Yet Wild

i found the little switches by the gas pedal but can not find any power comming in at all ?#! found a 91 diagram but that diagram does not have my switch on it (by the pedal) so am looking for a diagram for a 92 up club cas gas carry all .went out put the oem solenoid in it took right off once now nothing i think i need a new one !!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

push the pedal and tap on the solenoid, you might need a new one or you might have a loose connection leading up to it.

Also, put the rear wheels up on jackstands when checking it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
tdog69
Not Yet Wild

yes i have it on my lift thanks for that , i am sure that there is nothing loose i tore it all out looking for a split wire yesterday . am headed out to get a new solenoid this afternoon $35 seems cheap after scewing with the stupid cart this long over this . i am wondering if this will help cure my charging problem i was having last year. i will let you know thanks for the input!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I don't think the solenoid will cure your charging problem. might need to pick up a voltage regulator while you are out if the battery has checked OK.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
tdog69
Not Yet Wild

have you heard voltage regulators go bad ? i still can't charge this batt up in use ?#!. do you know how to test one ?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Start by taking a voltage reading of the battery with nothing on.
Start the cart (on stands) and run up to governed speed, Check voltage again, it should increase, if not replace V/R.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car