lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 52 volt cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Bobby View Post
I just picked up a 36 volt DS that has six 12 volt batteries. I'm still confused on this one
Possibly 48V setup for motor with four batteries and two in parallel for accessories.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #12
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

It could also be the 6 - 12v batteries are in Series Parallel to increase the run time.
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #13
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bet radelon is right.
Makes more sense unless it has a wench or some high amps draw accessories.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #14
Bronco Bobby
Not Yet Wild

The tag on the motor says 36 volt and I put a meter on the charging prongs and it also reads 36. Well, maybe I will have great run times. I have only driven it a couple times for a few minutes each time
Bronco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I ended up doing that on a customer's cart as a way to make the best of his mistake. He tried to do it himself: bought batteries (NAPA) and installed them himself. He misunderstood what he was working with and bought 6 12 volt marine deep cycles and set about wiring it up. He correctly linked up the pack with each + cabled to the next battery's -, but he missed the part about the + & - ends going to the Fwd/Rvs switch and controller. He tried to continue his daisy chain "full circle". Result: burned hands, melted terminals on his new batteries, serious loss of faith from his wife and children. He decided he was in over his head and brought the cart to me. with the damaged terminals the batteries couldn't be returned / swapped anymore, so had to make the best of what he had. I wired 2 sets of 3 batteries each set (36 volts), then wired the two sets parallel. Made him some cables to use the automotive top post terminals for those positions that the studs had burned away. Still running around with it to this day.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #16
Bronco Bobby
Not Yet Wild

The batteries that came with this cart are 12 volt gel cell. I did a Google search and it sounds like they are for power back up systems, such as a business may have. On line price was $233 per battery 🙄, so they seem to be high quality, just not the norm.
Bronco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #17
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Bobby View Post
I just picked up a 36 volt DS that has six 12 volt batteries. I'm still confused on this one
I’ve posted before about one like that. Guy had bought 6 of a 12 volt marine deep cycle. Tried installing them himself and got carried away with chaining them in series. Instead of pack + and - to the cart he wire them together. Yes, a 72 volt short circuit. Burned his hands, melted several terminals (so batteries were “damaged” and could not be returned). I made it into 2 side by side packs of 3 batteries each. Made up some automotive type top post cables to get around the melted stud terminals.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car