lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
spmcclellan
Not Yet Wild

Default No power, no clicking, no nothing.

Hello All,

I have a Yamaha G8E that I purchased "not working". I have replaced all the batteries as they were from 2006. I also replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid.

The issue I am having is that I am getting nothing. When I have the ignition switch on, the cart in forward or reverse and step on the accelerator. I hear nothing, not even a click.

The lights and a horn that was installed work, but they are wired up directly to the batteries.

I was told by the guy who sold me the batteries that I should have had quite a spark when installing the last battery, but I did not. I have tested across the batteries and get 37.5V.

Any ideas on what to check next would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Steven
spmcclellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
braynshock
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No power, no clicking, no nothing.

First thing I would suggest is getting your hands on a service manual, it has a pretty good troubleshooting section.

I had a similar situation. For me, i checked to see if the motor would run off 12v battery first (while on jack stands).

It did, so i checked the solenoid, it wouldnt engage directly connected to the batteries, so i replaced it.

So once i replaced the solenoid, i tried hotwiring it engaged, and stepped on the accelerator and the cart worked, so i found out the motor controller had a bad portion of circuitry (it wouldnt engage the solenoid).

Once i replaced the controller, and the solenoid, i was up and running.

Good luck!
braynshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Tow switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Might try lubricating and pushing (several times) the white plunger on the charger receptical. It's called a "charge lock", so you couldn't drive away with the charger plugged into the car. PS- G8-e's don't have a run tow switch
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Kerusm
Getting Wild

New to carts so didn’t know that. Thought it was worth a try and now I know. Thanks.

Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
spmcclellan
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, I will look for the manual. I suspect a controller, but not sure how to check it.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
spmcclellan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerusm View Post
Tow switch?

It evidently doesnt have one, I have looked everywhere for one.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:38 AM   #8
spmcclellan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Might try lubricating and pushing (several times) the white plunger on the charger receptical. It's called a "charge lock", so you couldn't drive away with the charger plugged into the car. PS- G8-e's don't have a run tow switch
Ahh, good idea, I will check that. Thank you
Old 08-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Two diodes next to the controller, little black boxes with 2 terminals on each. Check them. Do this after checking the button on the charge port.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #10
spmcclellan
Not Yet Wild

Okay, checked the charging port, that seemed okay. The Diodes, I dont know how to check to see if they are good, but I was only getting 4V to the wire on the diode that goes to the ignition switch. I ran a line directly from the power side of the solenoid directly to the diode and not the solenoid is engaging and one time, I actually got power to the rear wheels, but after that it stopped responding. I still have the solenoid engaging now, but no power to the wheels. I do believe the motor is good. I am really suspecting the controller. The solenoid, ignition switch, and batteries are all new and the motor did come on and wheels spun one time. Is there a way to check the controller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha