lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
bruce_leroy
Not Yet Wild

Default G16E questions

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the golf cart world. I just picked up a 2000 G16E as a project cart. I will be restoring it and putting a gas engine/gearbox in it.

I’ve got it torn down to the frame and had a couple of questions about the differential. First, from my research it looks like the electric G16 doesn’t have a governor in the differential. Is this correct?

Second, what is the reduction ratio of the differential in my G16E? I will be removing the motor to count revolutions to verify, but I’d like to do some calculations to size my gearbox to the differential to get the top speed right.

Thanks!
bruce_leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G16E questions

This would be better suited in the big block section.

I've seen people.take the old motor apart and use the shaft to mount a chain and sprocket to it for a gas swap. But I think youd be better off finding a rear end from a gas cart and using a clutch and belt setup.

You'll get a lot more help in the big block/clone swap section though.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha