lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Finmad
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Bad Boy buggie broken and fixed

So I wanted to do a write up on how I repaired my Bad Boy Buggie so others might get some helpful tips. First HUGE shout out to Titus. He sent me the wiring diagram and manual for the controllers and with those two things, plus some good tips from him, I was able to source some incorrect wiring issues and a faulty fuse block.

I bought this 2008 BBB yesterday, the guy said it worked fine, but when he tried to show me it would not run. I knocked him down to $2000 from $3800 because it was not working and he sold it to me.

Here is what I started with. I had only rear wheel drive and only for a foot or two before it shut down and I would have to reset it with a key cycle. It would go in reverse but not well. I started to read every post on the BBB I found some good info and with the little I garnered, I posted to Titus for the wiring diagram.

Titus came through and gave me some awesome tips. First I have a dual controller cart, so he said to switch the connections and see if the other controller would work. It did and the cart would go using just the front motor to pull it around so I knew both controllers were ok, it had to be the solenoids/connectors but why and what? When I had the rear motors working, the controllers would flash 2 on the rear one and 4 on the front one. 2 on the rear was because it was over straining and shutting down, trying to push the thing around. The 4 blinks on the front controller, was "Open circuit" which mean the solenoid was not working.

When I switched the plugs on the controllers, and made the front drive. I would get 4 blinks on the rear controller and solid on the front. SO now I know it is one solenoid not working. I then broke out he volt meter and tested continuity between the wires on the solenoids and the pins going into the controllers to see if I had a break. Sure enough I had two issues. First some one wired both solenoids to the same hot coming from the key switch, instead of each solenoid getting its own hot (White and Green/Grey). I fixed that issue and bingo, power to both controllers and 4 wheel drive..... Until I started getting faults again (4 blinks) on the front controller, randomly. So I started with the switch, then fuse block then connections. cleaning everything as I went. The issue would go away then pop up again randomly. I finally found it when I went to put the cup holders back. The terminal on the white connection on the fuse block was loose. The rivet holding the threaded tab for the wire connection had wiggled loose. It would flip the solenoid on and off, by wiggling the wire. I tightened up the rivet and soldered it for good measure, and I AM DONE.

So I have a good BBB for $2,000 plus $90 for the solenoid (I probably didn't even need...)

It runs fine now, I am pumped and doing the work myself is always gratifying. Thank you again Titus for your help, I could not have done it without you.
Finmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
Taterhunts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Bad Boy buggie broken and fixed

Can you forward me the diagrams and manuals that Titus supplied to you?? We've acquired a Bad Boy Buggie and am having some electrical issues.

Thanks!!

Taterhunts
Taterhunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Montejano21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is awesome!
Can you please share the wire diagram.
Montejano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #4
Shootercase
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Hi

New to the site with 2008 BBB troubles. Any way you can post or send me the wiring diagram and any other drawings you have? Thank u.
Shootercase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
sethhhartman
Not Yet Wild

Hello. Sounds like the same problem I am having. Is this posted somewhere else on what step I should take to fix it?
sethhhartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
rib33024

Finmad has not signed on sense dec 2018. I found this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1536189 Try to contact FF Titus maybe he can help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy98 View Post
See if this help you. (page 74) Attachment 181011
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #7
GHM48
Not Yet Wild

New to this site. I have 08 Bad Boy . Drove it into my shop under own power. Replaced L F wheel bearing. Went to back it out, wont move. Finally found a a yellow wire under dash that looked like it had pulled out of a connecter some where. Could not find anything that looked like it belong to. Checked with volt meter, it has 48 volts with the key on or off. I don't have any wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GHM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:15 PM   #8
rabbitdog2
Not Yet Wild

i have been searching for 3 months to find this manual i even contacted ezgo and they did not have it thanks
rabbitdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO