lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2007 YDRE White Tag Transaxle

Evening all,

I have a customers YDRE cart that is whining when moving forward and a much quieter whirring in reverse along with an audible clunk when going from forward to reverse. I'd read many times about the white tag trans issues so it was the first thing I looked for. In doing so I can see that it's also been apart some time before the present owner of 9 years bought it.

I drained the oil and it's full of very fine metallic particles but nothing more than that.

Can anyone enlighten me please, as to what sort of noise the typical gear failure on these would make and which gear(s) in the drive train that were the original issue.

I suspect someone has done a "quick fix" before the present owner bought it.

I've attached a link to a parts diagram to make ID easier (for me).

Thanks in advance,
Rob

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...0001076989.gif

Last edited by Rob_C; 02-21-2019 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Couldn't attach an image successfully.
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2019, 01:57 AM   #2
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 YDRE White Tag Transaxle

Ok, ignore the question above, I couldn't wait so ripped it out and split it.

It turns out there were two seperate issues, possibly both related to whoever took it apart last time.

#1 the smaller of the intermediate gears is worn down to a knife edge.

#2 and the more pressing, I assume the last guy took the brakes apart for whatever reason and didn't use loctite or the correct torque when he reassembled. Every screw in the brake retaining plate is loose and some were rubbing on what I would term the crownwheel which would account for the recent noise.

#3 pieces of one or both of those have given rise to damage to the gear on the shaft that attaches to the electric motor.

I'd post pictures but I can't do that directly and I gave Photobucket away when they tried their charging shinnanigans a while back. If someone can enlighten me on how I'm happy to throw a few happy snaps up of the damage.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Had a similar whining in a White Label cart and had to replace both the input shaft gear and the intermediate gear.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

The gear I was pretty much expecting to find but not the loose brake retaining plate. If it wasn't for rubbing on the crown wheel the screws would have fallen out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha