lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #11
pappamike
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I tried searching the threads... Oil?

clarification," 5w-20 " means 5 is the "grade or viscosity" "W" stands for winter,20 means "grade or viscosity", so 5 for easy cold weather starts and protection of a 20 viscosity when running. I use Briggs 30 in my "91" club car with no problems. Usually a synthetic oil in an "smoker" will make a bigger smoker.
pappamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you have water in your oil (gray mess) after you drain it put the plug back in pour about as much diesel fuel or Kerosene in it to wash out the lower case. Don't start it just try to fill as much as possible letting it sit a couple of hours. Drain and let it sit for a while longer. Then do the same with some elcheapo oil just to help rinse the fuel out. then add your good oil.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
If you have water in your oil (gray mess) after you drain it put the plug back in pour about as much diesel fuel or Kerosene in it to wash out the lower case. Don't start it just try to fill as much as possible letting it sit a couple of hours. Drain and let it sit for a while longer. Then do the same with some elcheapo oil just to help rinse the fuel out. then add your good oil.
this works great, the guys i ride with are alway stuff'in there machines into a lake or river! and i also found that this sometimes will free up stuck rings. i like to pull the plug and run the starter a time or two to pull the diesel fuel though the system, then add the cheap oil and run the starter again to coat and prime the system.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
demarcor
Getting Wild
Club Car

You're all the best!
Since I have changed the oil and added new gas, ran it around for about an hour the other day, it no longer smokes, and it doesn't hesitate. I can just jump in, floor it, and it sounds/runs great, no smoke.
I will still dump the "new" oil I just put in to help clean it out, I don't know if I'll do the diesel fuel thing yet, it seems to run great and there is not much water in the oil now.

The old flat head is a bit doggy, but I think this thing will still move with a bed full of rocks. Not so much in the hills, but hey... the clutch is probably tired too.
I don't think I'll mess with the ground speed, she is an old girl.

Next step, pressure wash 'er all nice, grease front end, paint? and bigger rear tires. I will post some pics eventually.

Any tips on "sanding" out some scratches and deep grooves in the front cowl or cleaning the aluminum dump bed?

-Thanks in advance!
Rob
demarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I LIKE Valvoline Q Synthetic 10w-30 for my carts and all my non-diesel mowers and motors
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car