lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Default High Torque Motor Power Consumption

I have had the FSIP torque motor in my onward for about a year now. I am happy with the performance of the motor but my run time seems to be significantly diminished.

I use it for golf only and can only get one round from a full charge. Would changing to a speed motor increase the run time? I am running 22" tires. I would like to get a little more speed if possible, now I can run ~26 mph.

The batteries are T875's (less than a year old) and I am using the ERIC charger set to algorithm 1.

Thanks in advance.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #2
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Re: High Torque Motor Power Consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
I have had the FSIP torque motor in my onward for about a year now. I am happy with the performance of the motor but my run time seems to be significantly diminished.

I use it for golf only and can only get one round from a full charge. Would changing to a speed motor increase the run time? I am running 22" tires. I would like to get a little more speed if possible, now I can run ~26 mph.

The batteries are T875's (less than a year old) and I am using the ERIC charger set to algorithm 1.

Thanks in advance.
From the thread on the charger you should be using #3. #1 is for the delta Q charger that takes temps into account.

I dont know the answer to your motor question tho sorry.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...hm-suggestions

According to the description list in the link above it shows 875's use algorithim 1. Can you site where it is supposed to be 3? Maybe I missed something, that may explain the reduced run time if I am incorrect.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Algorithm #1 is a temperature compensated algorithm and is only for chargers with a temperature probe that monitors the temp of the battery pack. The ERIC charger doesn’t have the ability to use a temp probe so that algorithm doesn’t work properly with the Club Car version charger. Exact details of what the charger does differently I don’t think anyone besides Delta-Q knows for sure, but it’s been surmised here that it lowers the output of the charger which can possibly lead to undercharging of the pack, and hence shorter run time and shorter pack life.

Algorithm 3 is the non-temp compensated algorithm for Trojan Batteries, and should be used with the Club Car ERIC version charger.

That said, there are other factors that will reduce run time especially running larger tires or having extra weight or added electric consumers on the cart. (Stereo system, lights, usb chargers, etc.)
It can also be dependent on your driving style, or controller programming if you have replaced the stock controller with alltrax/navitas or other higher amp controller. More amps going to the motor/more power delivered to the road surface will almost always yield a shorter run time. What controller do you have and how are the throttle and acceleration curves set? You may be able to tweak some of the settings for better power usage. Or just using a lighter foot on take-off will usually help extend the run time.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Algorithm #1 is a temperature compensated algorithm and is only for chargers with a temperature probe that monitors the temp of the battery pack. The ERIC charger doesn’t have the ability to use a temp probe so that algorithm doesn’t work properly with the Club Car version charger. Exact details of what the charger does differently I don’t think anyone besides Delta-Q knows for sure, but it’s been surmised here that it lowers the output of the charger which can possibly lead to undercharging of the pack, and hence shorter run time and shorter pack life.

Algorithm 3 is the non-temp compensated algorithm for Trojan Batteries, and should be used with the Club Car ERIC version charger.

Yea...what he said lol
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:08 AM   #6
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I changed the ERIC charger to algorithm 3 and have no change in run time. I gave it about a month.

Any ideas on the speed motor vs torque in relation to run time?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car