lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #1
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax programming question

2004 precedent, alltrax 400 Mot A2 motor/2gauge cables.. A couple quick adjustment questions.

My cart is real throttle sensitive mid to full throttle, if I let off the pedal it's get's a little jerky, what's the best curve to smooth that transition out a little?

Also with this field map the max RPM is 6,000 but I can only get to that on a long severe downhill. How can I adjust the to get closer to max RPM on long level runs? On these level runs I'm only getting around 5,600 rpms, I would like to get it closer to max, you can tell it has more but it's limiting itself.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and Scottie really did a stand up job for me! This new combo is great on torque and hill climbing in the neighborhood.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax programming question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
2004 precedent, alltrax 400 Mot A2 motor/2gauge cables.. A couple quick adjustment questions.

My cart is real throttle sensitive mid to full throttle, if I let off the pedal it's get's a little jerky, what's the best curve to smooth that transition out a little?

Also with this field map the max RPM is 6,000 but I can only get to that on a long severe downhill. How can I adjust the to get closer to max RPM on long level runs? On these level runs I'm only getting around 5,600 rpms, I would like to get it closer to max, you can tell it has more but it's limiting itself.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and Scottie really did a stand up job for me! This new combo is great on torque and hill climbing in the neighborhood.

That motor does make good torque. To do that it does sacrifice a little speed. Not much but some. By design 5600 rpms may be all it can make under load.
Do you have big tires?
Turf mode may also give a smoother pedal feel.
Try pumping the pedal 30 times with the key off. If this improves response the MCOR contact is corroded and the MCOR may need to be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Thanks Scotty I'll try that! I guess what your saying is that increasing the RPM won't change the output. It's not that far off but I can tell it has more just almost like the reagan is limiting it's output once I get to around 5600-5700 rpms. I'm getting an average speed 19 during break in (full throttle runs for 6-10 miles), which is fantastic on these hills and max speed on steep downhill was 25.5mph and 5900 rpm. On the long flat runs 22mph and the motor winds up but gets restricted. It's not far off at all so nick picking at best.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My experience is if you get the motor to run at it's very maximum for miles on end then it will not last as long as when it is running below maximum output... just like a car or any other tool.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car