lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Mitchell282
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car XRT 810E will go then shut off.

A friend gave me an 06 club car XRT810E. It will go a very short distance then stop and beep twice. The batteries are a year old, I cleaned all the connection on each battery;I also checked the connections on the motor. I checked the ohms on the small post of the relay. Could you guys point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Mitchell282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car XRT 810E will go then shut off.

to BGW

Perform a speed sensor test and report back: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
Mitchell282
Not Yet Wild

With key on and the switch in the “run position” you can roll it forward not very easily until you hear the reverse buzzer start beeping. You can then switch to tow and it will roll freely.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok that is normal operation.

It sounds to me that possibly the FR switch is malfunctioning. On an IQ car, the cart beeps and comes to a stop if the switch accidentally gets changed while moving. I would try to bypass the switch and see if that fixes the problem. You can do this by jumping the two wires on the Forward side of the circuit. Of course do this safely, as the car will always be in forward while the jumper is in place.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
Mitchell282
Not Yet Wild

I jumped the f/r switch nothing has changed. I will say this. If the cart has sat for a little while and you try to go somewhere it will go about 20ft then die very abruptly. Cut the run switch to tow and back to run and it may go 1ft. You can feel it kick in and want to go then stop abruptly. Also it does this weather it’s in forward or reverse.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

At this point I'm thinking either an internal controller issue or a problem inside the motor with the brushes. Hopefully someone else will come along and give their thoughts...
Old 03-31-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
Mitchell282
Not Yet Wild

Anybody?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car