lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
Gratefuld2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 Club Car DS v-glide fusing at high speed

My wife purchased a 95 Club Car DS 36v. 3 days after getting it stop running. The wire had come out of the wiper arm for the v-glide. I notice that the contact pad had burn marks as if it was arcing. After cleaning that up and putting everything back together I took it for a drive and while driving it at high speed the pedal got stuck. I took it apart I notice the wiper contact plate had burn marks on it again along with the v-glide. I believe that while drive at full speed the wiper contact and v-glide are fusing causing the control to get stuck. Any ideas on what can cause this? See the attached pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200329_143645.jpg (203.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200329_145011.jpg (206.2 KB, 0 views)
Gratefuld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS v-glide fusing at high speed

It looks like the pedal is not adjusted so that your getting to the last pad. This would mean that it’s not running full throttle and power is running through the last resistor or two. If that’s the case it wouldn’t take too long to build up enough heat to fuse the wiper. I would clean it up again, make sure the wiper is flat and has good contact, then adjust the pedal linkage to verify it’s moving all the way to the top pad.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
Gratefuld2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do you think this cable looking like this to the resistor could also be part of the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200329_192837.jpg (213.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

Yes, that's definitely not good! At a minimum those cables need new ends installed.

Have you considered upgrading to a solid state controller system?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
Gratefuld2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My wife bought the golf cart without really inspecting it. I am just trying to get it operational. I did look at the solid state and the cost was a bit high for what I want to put into this thing. I did adjust the pedal rod and as the wiper brush passes over the second to last pad on the v-glide it sparks a nice bright blue spark and if the pedal is pressed slowly if fuses.

I plan on replacing all this cables to the resistors. Anyone know a good place to buy from for a fair price?
Old 03-29-2020, 07:12 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Most of our site sponsors carry the cables (link below). Changing them would be a great place to start.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #7
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

you can move those pads around , the first 2 pads are dead anyway so you could move the bad ones to the bottom.....then adjustment nut on the wiper arm till it rides flat....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #8
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Swapping out the pads is a great suggestion!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 PM   #9
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

it doesn't look like that top pad has EVER been engaged ….adjust linkage till the wiper arm actually goes just a tad past the pad , so at full throttle there is NO CHANCE it can rest between pads....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:54 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Arcing at the second to upper pad indicates either there is a short in the wiring or the previous pad is not carrying any current.

The wiper pad is also not adjusted properly. The telltale for that is the uneven wear pattern on the pads. The wiper pad should be sitting flat against the other pads.
The adjusting nut at the bottom of the wiper arm changes the angle that the wiper sits on the pads.
Really that whole V-glide assembly should be replaced, and new cables installed from there to the resistors, and resistors to motor if you want it to work right.
Part of the problem with the resistor setups is they don't like to be run at medium speeds. The design is meant to work on a golf course where people typically run at full throttle for a few minutes, then stop. Extended run times at medium speeds makes the resistors heat up and causes failure, and can cause the cable ends and the V-glide to burn like what you have.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car