lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

Default XCT 500, Lester Summit 2 and interlock

'99 Ds Regen 2

Currently using the Summit 2 as an off board. Im considering mounting it on board but Im a little confused about exactly what I need to do as far as the interlock goes. OBC is removed from the cart and it has the XCT500 on it. Currently have the charger wired with the blue/black wire combined in the charger. (Im not even sure this is correct) I haven't tried it, but Im assuming as I have it now, there is no interlock at all?

Can anyone give me some clear direction on what exactly I need to do as far as the interlock goes, settings in the XCT and the charger to make this work flawlessly? Thanks!
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: XCT 500, Lester Summit 2 and interlock

Which version of the XCT do you have? Which version of the Summit II? 650w or 1050w?
On the XCT there is a pin in the main harness connector is used for the charger interlock.
The charger Blue wire connects straight to that pin, but there are some differences depending on exactly which charger you have.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #3
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure on which model the XCT is. I just purchased it 3-4 weeks ago and it came straight to me from Alltrax, so I assume its the latest and greatest. But if there is a way for me to look, Id be happy to do so.

The charger is the 650W.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Did you get the IQ/Excel version or the PD Plus version?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #5
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Did you get the IQ/Excel version or the PD Plus version?
PD plus. I was told I would need a different harness to retrofit the IQ/Excel.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Ok. It's not quite as easy on the PD plus version, because I don't think there is a dedicated pin for the lockout on the controller, but there is a workaround that's pretty simple and will do exactly the same thing.

I did it to one of my carts last summer. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ight=interlock

The basic idea is that when the interlock on the charger is active, the controller can not get any signal from the FnR switch, so it will not allow the cart to move.
You will need a 10k ohm 1w resistor as mentioned in the thread. The Blue wire in your charger harness needs to be connected to Pin 2 in the charger terminal box.
The other end of the Blue wire will be connected with the red wire at the center pin of the FnR switch. You can splice them together, or cut the crimp connector off and crimp the two together in a new spade connector.
The Red wire going to the switch you'll cut and put the 10k resistor in-line. I just crimped it in place and use heat shrink tube to insulate it and keep it weather resistant.

Then using the Charger Connect App, select the System Profile page from the drop-down menu. The charger will need to be set for On-Board use, and make sure the Lockout selection is "Active Low".
Old 05-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #7
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

THANK YOU! For taking the time to type that out and link the other thread. I do greatly appreciate it. I'll have to order the resistor as I'm not sure I can source one locally.

In the meantime: Currently do I have the charger setup correctly? Blue and black wire together in the charger terminal box, and charger set to off board. Obviously I don't currently have any active interlock.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Currently, yes, it's fine.
Is the Blue wire connected to anything at the other end?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Currently, yes, it's fine.
Is the Blue wire connected to anything at the other end?
No, its not.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #10
gmtech
Not Yet Wild

While I have your attention and you obviously are quite knowledgeable. When I plug the charger into my cart and look at the APP, it will show for example, 56% charge, 599 minutes remaining. But it will charge to 100% in an hour.

On a good set of batteries, what kind of amp hours should I expect to see displayed in the APP when fully charged?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car