lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
mebucko
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Scematic

Frustrated. I have a 1999 EZGO TXT electric cart with a series motor (all 4 posts are the same size). I've been trying to find a wiring schematic for this cart, with no luck. Seems that each 1999 EZGO schematic will include PDS (which I thought was 200 and up), or it will include a run/tow switch (which I do not have), or the forward/reverse switch does not wire like mine (differences in the C,D,A and B connections). Perhaps I'm supposed to use the above mentioned schematics, but I'm not sure how to ignore wiring of components that I do not have.

As I mentioned in another post, I have new batteries, a new FWD/REV heavy duty switch, and a new solenoid. Solenoid clicks when pedal is partially pressed, but 0V reading ant M- and B- on controller. This I'm told is leading towards an open in wiring, faulty motor, solenoid, or pedal switch.

The pedal switch should be considered be good though if the solenoid clicks when it (pedal) is pressed, right?

I don't see any voltage at M- and B- point of the controller when the pedal is pressed, nor do I see anything chane when the pedal is pressed to floor.

I want to test motor for continuity as well as functionality (by using recommended tests on this forum). If these test show failure, then I know I would have a bad motor. But if it (motor) spins, then I have to check wiring from motor.

Is there a wiring schematic dedicated to just this simple 36 volt TXT series motor golf cart available? I want to be able to understand what to do next if the motor spins from the recommended tests.
mebucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Scematic

Like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 90E6BA65-8CFD-4955-A678-6871D1719323.jpeg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
mebucko
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea, I saw that schematic, but in another search (or same search), I came across a 1999 exgo TXT "direction selector connections" drawing that showed the 4 leads off of it going to:

Wire A from A2

Wire D from S2

Wire C from M-

Wire B from S1

These don't match the schematic you provided. Which is correct? Or is the direction selector connections diagram I found for something else?
Old 12-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The information I attached came from Ezgo so I would tend to believe it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
mebucko
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The information I attached came from Ezgo so I would tend to believe it.
Thanks. I think the 4 connections I posted after your schematic was for a PDS system, which I don't have. Your supplied schematic matches the wiring I have from the FWD/REV selector switch, which is what I was looking for.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO