lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
BBONNIER
Not Yet Wild

Cool newbie with RXV issues,

Thank you in advance for allowing me to join the group. Not very familiar with these carts. Bought it to use at my camp site and and did a few upgrades. Lifted and added controller with coil and brake upgrade. Took body off and had it painted and reinstalled everything. Ran just fine until a friend of mine drove it and was riding it hard. Parked it and now will not run or drive anymore. Have swapped out module/controller and parking brake drum. Still have a no drive issue. Have new batterys in and also changed charging ort out also. Found a tiny a tiny strand of wire from one of power cables touching motor case. fixed that issue but still no good. have a semi good back ground in diag. but theses are new to me. The coil is not clicking when press gas pedal down. Tried to test coil operation solo, coil good. Not getting signal to coil to turn on from gas pedal. Tested all cables from motor to module and have 24 volts on each cable. i am grateful for any and all help possible. been trying to figure it out for weeks on my own but have failed. Thank you all for any assistance!!!!!!!!
BBONNIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbie with RXV issues,

Some more details would be helpful, which year is the cart, which type of controller and brake upgrade?
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
BBONNIER
Not Yet Wild

Navitas Tac 2 600 amp. 400 amp solenoid cart is 2017 ezgo RXV. no brake up grade yet due to not running/moving at current moment. Forward gas pedal and brake pedal switches have been replaced as well. Still wont drive, can hear rear brake click if in tow/storage mode/position. When placed in run mode no click from rear brake. hair thinning as time goes due to frustration.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #4
gruelens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On your RXV, there is a smaller gauge blue wire coming out of the back of the charging port. Run a jumper wire from the 48v+ terminal of your pack to that blue wire.

If the main solenoid then closes and cart runs ... you have a bad charging port on the cart (female receiver for the charge cord). I just replaced my port and had a similar situation on my RXV. All the best.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:10 PM   #5
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you submitted the diagnostic logs to navitas or checked the app for errors?
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
otowrxv2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

George

Thanks for the information on the charging port. I was changing some terminals on my 2014 Rxv and when reconnecting them I noticed a small spark when connecting the positive leads. Apparently this blew the circuit in the charging port. I now understand why to always connect the ground - battery wire last.

Paul
otowrxv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #7
BBONNIER
Not Yet Wild

Thank you to everyone for the assistance! Apparently when my friend was helping me he had a problem getting the module connector to plug in he wiggled the connector to aggressively. Spreading the terminal ends, creating a no contact issue at the module. Tighten the pins and reconnected connector. cart run perfectly. Then after a long drive around to make sure all working and parked cart for night would not run the next morning. Found that the solenoid got over heated and is no longer good. then found that he had not installed resistor across coil terminals. Thus excessive heat causing solenoid failure. Hoping that once new solenoid and resistor arrive that will be bad moving and no more issues. THANK YOU again for all that took time to give me advise and help point me in a direction.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #8
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't think you need the resistor on the RXV.
Since you upgraded to the Navitas, you might think about upgrading to a 48V 400amp solenoid, that is what they recommend. You can change the solenoid voltage in the Navitas app to match what you have installed.
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no drive on rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO