lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
rraquib
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face RXV Backup Trigger question

I recently installed a head unit that has an option for a backup camera. So this got me thinking why not. Now the question is there somewhere I can trap the trigger that cart is in backup mode? It can be anything, I can translate that to a proper 12v trigger.

TIA
rraquib is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Backup Trigger question

I have my backup camera on my truck set to a toggle switch. The reason being is my backup camera hooks up to a plug in at the back of the truck that I can unplug and plug into the backup camera for my camper.

So I flip the toggle switch and I can see what's behind the camper even when I'm driving down the road!

Easy enough to do. Get a toggle switch with an LED built in so you can see when it's on even if your radio is off. Also, be careful with RXV mods, I've heard horror stories. Make sure it's in Tow mode when doing anything to it.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Backup Trigger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I have my backup camera on my truck set to a toggle switch. The reason being is my backup camera hooks up to a plug in at the back of the truck that I can unplug and plug into the backup camera for my camper.

So I flip the toggle switch and I can see what's behind the camper even when I'm driving down the road!

Easy enough to do. Get a toggle switch with an LED built in so you can see when it's on even if your radio is off. Also, be careful with RXV mods, I've heard horror stories. Make sure it's in Tow mode when doing anything to it.
The RXV controller looks for reverse beeper operation during POST (startup). Simply disconnecting it will disable the cart and might damage the controller. Advise not messing with this without expert consultation.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO