lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with EZGO TXT electrical diagnosis

Sounds like you are upgrading the solenoid to a SW180 or SW200 solenoid with push-on coil terminals and the directions are written for a solenoid that has stud terminal for the coil.

Do what is needed to connect the black wire between the black terminal on the controller and the coil on the solenoid.

The black wire to the buzzer connects to the B- terminal on the controller or B- at the battery pack.

Here's a better copy of that schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rev-C.jpg (250.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #12
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

I got the black wire on right but I am still having problems. Tomorrow I will have to trace all my wires again to make sure they are all on right.

If I press the go pedal down just far enough for the solenoid to click my blink codes give me 4 green flashes and then solid green and if I push it down the rest of the way the code is a solid red. Any hints?
tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A solid red means it is in programming mode, but it should have gone to red after the four green blinks instead of going to green.

However, when pedal is pushed to floor, the LED ought to go to solid yellow or blinking yellow indication 100% throttle without current limiting, or with current limiting. Some people see the yellow as amber while other see it as a red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR error codes.jpg (302.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #14
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Today I verified that all my wiring is correct and upon inspection I found that some contacts in my forward reverse switch were burned out.

I talked to the person I got the golf cart from and he told me he had installed a higher speed motor (20mph), a new forward reverse switch and a used controller out of a regular EZGO cart.

Could having a regular controller in the cart have caused the f/r switch to burn out?

I have a new f/r switch ordered and will see if this finally gets my cart running again.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:13 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The mechanical F/R switch is one of the weakest, if not the weakest, link in the series drive circuit. They do burn out in single seat (2 people total) carts with stock motor, stock controller and stock height (18") turf tires. Add a rear seat, mud tires as well as a high speed motor and you've got a failure waiting to happen.

One of the problems with the F/R switch is it is hard to shift and if it isn't fully rotated into the mechanical stops for F or R, than the contacts only partially engage and the current density through the contact sets skyrocket, and heat is generated at the square of the current density ( W = IČ * R). In other words the circular contact faces don't line up and one circle is offset to the other and it doesn't take all that much of an offset to reduce the contact area by 1/2, which in turn quadruples the heat generated in the contacts.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:45 PM   #16
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Now its 2 months later and my new forward/reverse switch has burned up again. I was driving on a paved path at half speed for 2 miles with 2 people in it on level ground when I smelled burning, checked and the switch was smoking.

I have upgraded my controller and solenoid. Is there any upgrade for the f/r switch? What can I do to lower the amps going through the switch to keep it from burning up again?
Old 05-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyho View Post
Now its 2 months later and my new forward/reverse switch has burned up again. I was driving on a paved path at half speed for 2 miles with 2 people in it on level ground when I smelled burning, checked and the switch was smoking.

I have upgraded my controller and solenoid. Is there any upgrade for the f/r switch? What can I do to lower the amps going through the switch to keep it from burning up again?
Replacing the F/R switch assembly with a reversing contactor is the way to eliminate the burning out issues inherent in the mechanical F/R switch design.

Considering you have a heavy cart with mud tires, the SW202 would most likely be needed. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/rever...ontactors.html
Old 05-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #18
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Replacing the F/R switch assembly with a reversing contactor is the way to eliminate the burning out issues inherent in the mechanical F/R switch design.

Considering you have a heavy cart with mud tires, the SW202 would most likely be needed. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/rever...ontactors.html
I ordered the SW202. Hope they rush it.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #19
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

I installed the reversing contactor today and when I got to the last two wires to connect up I ran into a problem.

Carts Unlimited sent me two different schematics. One schematic says to connect the S2 wire on the left side and the S1 wire on the right side.

The photo says to connect the S2 wire on the right side and the S1 wire on the left side.

Which is the correct side to install the 2 wires on?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20210529_180932.PDF (323.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-29-2021, 07:47 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Pick one way or the other and if the cart goes backwards while forward is selected, swap the S1 and S2 cables.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO