lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
dfouillard@yahoo.ca
Not Yet Wild

Default KF82 Rev Limiter??

Hey everyone. Just bought a club car, Im very new to golf carts.

I had to take the carb apart and clean the jets & fuel needle. Now it doesnt seem to run right. It will run barely with a little throttle, then when I give it more it cuts out. It sounds like either main jet, or some kind of RPM limiter.

Im wondering where the RPM limiter is on these engines, I've checked everywhere. Im also wondering if it has anything to do with my custom tie-wire linkage that opens the throttle on the carb.

If anyone can supply me photos or diagrams, that'd be great. To help you help me, here are some pictures.

dfouillard@yahoo.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
dfouillard@yahoo.ca
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: KF82 Rev Limiter??

On second thought, when I spray fuel into the air filter, it revs up really nicely then drops. So I think Im not getting fuel. Put new fuel lines in, and removed fuel filter.

Any ideas? My guesses are float needles, main jet. Can anyone help with these items?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 90 cart and yours is missing some linkage if I recall or maybe its just a few parts. Cant get you pics right now as it is dark
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
dfouillard@yahoo.ca
Not Yet Wild

I have the linkage pieces somewhere, but Im wondering how important they are? What is that long linkage piece that goes near the transmission? How important is it that these are all perfectly aligned?

The throttle opens and everything when I press the gas pedal, so its not like thats the problem. it just feels like it will idle no problem, but as soon as I give her some more juice it will go for half a second then die right out back to idle, even with the throttle open. like its starving for fuel
Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i beleive that long peice of linkage goes back to the gov. and without it that may be the problem????....................................... ...
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car