lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lift problem

oh wonderful, so with that axle pin gone my axle will more that likely shift? well i guess what i need to do now is fabricate a plate that will keep the axle in place, to eas the stress on the other components. thanks for your input extremely helpful...that'l be the last thing i buy from that place. directions even had a picture of what to cut off, now im mad!
paintguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I think they may have shorted you some parts.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintguy83 View Post
okay awesome thank you! yea i have the bushings it just threw me for a loop seeing that much play. the rear came with plates as you are talking about but thats it. the had what was called the economy kit, which pretty much deals with just the front, but the guy said that the fasteners would come with the kit for the rear as well...which they did not. heres what i got...mind you its the economy so i didnt get everything picturedhttp://www.cartstuffdepot.com/inc/sdetail/351
you did not read the ad it says not all parts shown are included you have to read the whole ad not look at the picture and asume sorry
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #14
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
you did not read the ad it says not all parts shown are included you have to read the whole ad not look at the picture and asume sorry

If you buy a 5" lift you should get the parts to do a 5" lift, don't you think?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #15
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
If you buy a 5" lift you should get the parts to do a 5" lift, don't you think?
I agree. If you buy parts ale carte (or however the heck you speel that), that's one thing. however, if you buy a "kit," you shouldn't have to wait until you get the kit to find out what else you need to purchase, or even have to read through the description.

ra-tarded
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
wish2fish
Gone Wild

there is an upcharge for the 5" lift....one would assume to pay for the extra spacers needed. did you pay for that?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

no i even called the guy on the phone and asked him if the "economy kit" was what id need and asked him the difference of economy and standard lift kit. he said the standard kit just came with new u bolts and something else for the rear (cant remember all the convo) but i do remember asking him if i bought the economy kit would it lift my cart and he said yup you'd be good to go, "all ya gotta do is flip the rear axle and it will give you lift for the rear...NEVER did he mention anything about a plate that would be needed to center the axle. earlier i posted that it came with plates for the rear...it didnt i was mistaking. it came with extra front plates and "spring spacers for tierod clearance"? the directions had very little info on how to do it. needless to say im not happy with that purchase. kinda left me hangin on how to do things. im just glad i know a thing or two bout mechanics cause otherwise i woulda been screwed.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #18
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2fish View Post
there is an upcharge for the 5" lift....one would assume to pay for the extra spacers needed. did you pay for that?
i dont know if there website says it anymore or not but when i made the purchase they had a special for the economy kit where you dont have to pay the upcharge. when you select the kit theres 3 5 and 7 inch but below the 7 inch choice theres a 5 inch economy option
Old 06-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
The only time you cut down the pins on the axle is when you use U bolts that come with a bracket that sits on top the axle, that ISO mounts are not needed. Now you have nothing to keep everything in alignment, I would try to go that route before I ordered an ISO mount.

Also that's why you use the extra plate on top the ISO mount, because it has a hole to except the axle pin, which takes the stress when shifting from forward to reverse and back, I don't think it will be the last ISO mount you will be buying if you go that route.

Evidently your supplier don't know much about lifting carts.

probably why he's not a sponsor here!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #20
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i took it with me camping this weekend and it did great, was crawling thru mud that my buddies four wheeler couldnt. found a few things here and there that i need to adjust but all in all i was happy with it, rear axle held up, but im still going to tear back into it just to be on the safe side
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO