lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking to make my gasser street legal. Need electrical advise. Pics inside. HELP :)

So I thought it would be a great idea to sell my actually buggy and get a cart that my family and I could enjoy while camping. Found the perfect cart lifted with all the goodies. Well needless to say I have taken it camping with my 4 times now and ALL four parks have said. NO WAY register it. :( So now the good part. The guy I bought it from obviously had the same idea. While he installed headlights, fog lights up front and has them wired to a switch up front he never got to the rear lights. Cool part is their are 4 red LED round lights mounted in the rear just not wired up, and up front 2 amber lights under the headlights for turn signals also not wired up. SO I have the lighting now its time for wiring 101. Here are my questions.

Where can I find and turn signal switch with needed relays?

How would I connect break lights? Do they need to brighten when I apply the emergancy break or just be on? I figure I can wire them to the headlights so they are always one.

In the pictures you can see what I have to work with.

Once I get the lighting and the scatter shield am I good?

Teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Looking to make my gasser street legal. Need electrical advise. Pics inside. HELP

You would need to check with your state DMV for legal issues regarding registration and operation. Every state is different.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking to make my gasser street legal. Need electrical advise. Pics inside. HELP

in Michigan, or so I've been told, you need a windshield, windshield wipers, front and back lights, blinkers, rearview mirror and seatbelts, and I believe it also has to go at least 30 or 35 mph (which, some of those scooters they're selling nowadays don't do 30)
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I agree with the guys on checking with your DMV. I got in touch with my local PD and they told me that in my City in KY, carts are treated as bicycles. All I need for equipment is one light in front and a blinking rear light and I would be good. I am going to install all the lights and signals so I am legal anywhere just like a car or truck.

As far as your brake lights and signals, I ordered a turn signal kit from Speedwaymotors for my cart and then bought my tails. as far as the brake light switch I picked up a micro switch similar to a Wide Open Throttle switch for a nitrous kit. it's mounted next to the brake pedal so when I press on it it depresses the switch and the lights come on. I also wired the power feed for the lights to the my keyswitch so they turn off when I cut the key. you may be able to do with with yours if you switch is wired for 12 V but if not youcan put a switch of your choosing on the dash as a cut off to your 12 V system to eliminate the problem of the lights being on when you are parked. Hope that helps.

If you want some more help just PM me.

Good luck.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO