lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
gregb
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Lift for '92 CC DS gasser

I want to lift my '92 CC, to get a more comfortable ride and better look. I'm new to this and have just gotten this cart about a month ago. I have a rear flip seat and I'm pretty sure I won't be haulin' much cargo but I'm sure to be carrying passengers (4 adults 600 - 800lbs). Most driving will be in the yard or grassy field and some pavement; probably won't see much rough off-road and, its fast enough for now. I've been reading a lot on this forum and have gotten some great info, but I'm still a bit confused and I know I've probably read the answers to many of my questions but I'd like to ask again! Its all about me, you know!!!: lol:

Before I make the jump, I'm wondering if while I'm making these changes, will I find that something else needs to change in order for this to work? I'm not scared of surprises; I just don't want any!

I'm considering a ASM-C6LT, All Sports 6" Long Travel Lift, 22x11x10 Duro Desert 6ply tires on 2" offset wheels, and a pair of rear helper springs. All for around $1200. I'd like some thoughts on this combo.

I've also read that I might want to replace the spring in the driven clutch because of the larger diameter tires and the added weight. If this is something I want to change, can this be done without removing the engine or body parts? And, I have seen button replacement kits and weight kits for drive and driven clutches, and wonder if it would be a good idea to replace these.

I read about the snubber the other day and just noticed that most of mine is missing. I also saw a thread that showed dropping the snubber and mount to level the engine after lifting. Is that always necessary?

As is right now, there is some hesitation when I press the accelerator. Its a jerky start in F and R and I don't know where to begin to diagnose this problem. Maybe I need to start a new thread for this. Once I get going, it runs great and seems to have plenty of pull. I'm looking for a smoother takeoff and don't want to stress the motor with the new tires and lift.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some body work this winter and have a nice cart to showoff next spring. I think its going to be a lot of fun making changes. I've seen some awfully cool carts on this forum and hope to be with you guys some day!

Thanks,
Greg
Attached Images
File Type: gif IMG_1639.gif (82.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif IMG_1640.gif (82.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: gif CC 92 03.gif (92.5 KB, 13 views)
gregb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift for '92 CC DS gasser

the lift and tires will be great.

the spring in the driven will help regain some torque. you will have plenty of room while you are lifting to work on it.

i have done the snubber both ways. i suggest talking to tom at cpp and seeing if he would sell the bracket he includes with the big block kit. it drops it several inches and is a clean unit.

engine issue could be a lot of things, i'd start a new thread on that alone

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
gregb
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift for '92 CC DS gasser

Thanks Aaron,
I hope the lift is a good choice. I can't wait to get the cart off the ground!

I think I can weld something up for the snubber, doesn't seem like much of a problem but I'll take your advice and ask Tom about it when I order the lift tomorrow.

Guess a little more research on the forum will get me started on figuring out the engine problems.

I'll try to post pics as I go on the lift.

Greg
gregb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car