lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: buying a used DS decision?

I picked up the 05' DS yesterday....paid $1450 it is pretty clean, drives really smooth, I do notice it takes more pedal than a series cart before the kart moves? the 05' trojan batteries are all 8.3 or so volts so hopefully I can get a year out of them, where is the best place to get a back seat? How can I tell what settings the IQ controller is on? Thanks very much for the info in helping my decision! I will post some pics later!.....
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The later model pedal linkage for MCOR has a weak spot ( very small round rod like contact points and because CC has linkage lub points that nobody seems to want to do) that you may have found? The pot metal type linkage wears very fast and bushings in accelerator brackets if not lubed causes the units to have way too much travel before engaging micro and pot inside MCOR. If you are interested I have several pictures of fixes that forums members have come up with to solve problem. Surprisingly it only takes a few thousants of a inch to have this problem. Some time back I was told that CC would be updating with better material in linkage but so far I haven't seen any?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
The later model pedal linkage for MCOR has a weak spot ( very small round rod like contact points and because CC has linkage lub points that nobody seems to want to do) that you may have found? The pot metal type linkage wears very fast and bushings in accelerator brackets if not lubed causes the units to have way too much travel before engaging micro and pot inside MCOR. If you are interested I have several pictures of fixes that forums members have come up with to solve problem. Surprisingly it only takes a few thousants of a inch to have this problem. Some time back I was told that CC would be updating with better material in linkage but so far I haven't seen any?
I agree with your post 100% So far, I've not seen any drastic improvement in Drive-Bar material. But at the same time, I've not seen a "New" DS car in about 2 or 3 years now. The replacement drive bars from the parts warehouse are still the same..
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthen27 View Post
I picked up the 05' DS yesterday....paid $1450 it is pretty clean, drives really smooth, I do notice it takes more pedal than a series cart before the kart moves? the 05' trojan batteries are all 8.3 or so volts so hopefully I can get a year out of them, where is the best place to get a back seat? How can I tell what settings the IQ controller is on? Thanks very much for the info in helping my decision! I will post some pics later!.....
Congrats on your purchase, listen to OLD MEC about the linkage. Grab your pedal and wiggle it up and down, It should have little to no play in it. A quick fix for this problem, considering it's not worn so badly that the park brake will not lock is to do the following... Remove MCOR and drive bar, it's simple. All you need is a small ratchet with a 5/16" Socket. Take the two bolts out of the MCOR and slide the drive bar out... Put a piece of 1/4" Rubber fuel hose over the forwardmost part of the accel fork of the drive bar. Lube it up with WD 40 and re-install it. This takes all of the slop out of the drive bar and will allow you to get back up to 100% throttle. It's just a cheap easy fix, but it works. Just keep in mind that the accel brackets are still worn, and you'll eventually have issues with the parking brake until this is repaired. To determine the setting of the IQ controller it must be plugged into an IQ Diagnostic Machine at a dealer. I highly recommend taking it and getting it programmed with speed setting 4. It should be somewhere around $100.00 based on what I've seen on the forum from various dealers. These are the settings you'll want to request to max it out...

Speed "4"
Fast Accel "On"
Pedal Up Mode "Off"
Speed Cal "0"
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
One of the half/pulse magnets may have been a possibility, but I assure you that if the speed increased, the sensor is still plugged in.
Do you have any experience with one of these magnetic speed sensor foolers?
Opinions pro or con? I have seen claims that it will increase speeds up to 26 mph (perhaps downhill in a hurricane : ) Any thoughts?
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here you go make one!! $30.00 or less. I have the software for the IQ carts set mine on mode 2 good breaking (i live on a hill ) and when at the bottom I flip the switch on the fly and away I go, 22" tires 6" lift 22-24 mph, I was doing 19 with all stock setup. I just love the two speed setup.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-code-4-a.html
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

And by the way I do some PIC chip programming, and have made a reader for the IQ carts. I could program with it also but not code 4, the software will do code 4, but you need the three digit 8 bit codes
Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
Here you go make one!! $30.00 or less. I have the software for the IQ carts set mine on mode 2 good breaking (i live on a hill ) and when at the bottom I flip the switch on the fly and away I go, 22" tires 6" lift 22-24 mph, I was doing 19 with all stock setup. I just love the two speed setup.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-code-4-a.html
If I was that electrically savvy I would do build one of them . This sounds like a business opportunity for you. You could offer a "kit" form , unassembled parts with a liability disclaimer and mark it up to $60 for guys like me who have no time to collect parts : ) Double your money !!!
That is what the guy with the magnet gadget is doing ..
see my post here;

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...gnet-scam.html

By the way, are you sure this won't overspeed the motor ?
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is what speed code 4 does so guess my answer is dono
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
I would love to see a few pics of the fixes other users have done....
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car