lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: battery load test results w/ new purple

I'd do a PlumQuick motor first... with your tires you'll see 24 mph and up in speed without any wire change.

thats a quote from Scubabud..... so Im pretty much right on, no? OK, ok, I'll get the 4gu wires. What the heck, should I go 2guage since I'll probably end up with a 400amp Alltrax. PQ says that with a CC IQ 48v, with the 400amp Alltrax, I will not have overheating issues at constant low speeds (remember I use the cart in the summer in RV park where speed limit is 5mph). But on a 36v ezgo I probably would have those overheating issues. Has something to do with the higher the voltage the lower the amperage. Dont really understand but believe him. U guys r the experts. Im just a quick learner. Can you make sense of this. Will my cart overheat if i ride at low speeds to long with this set up?
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

I don't have any heat issues with Ike in the summer.. I can crawl along at walking speed for hours on end and nothing overheats..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hmmm, that info helps. Which model off controller should I get? Sorry could of done a search but since we are on the topic. thx
Old 11-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Hmmm, that info helps. Which model off controller should I get? Sorry could of done a search but since we are on the topic. thx
Ike is a series cart so I'm running an Alltrax AXE 500A controller.. With your cart being an "IQ" model, you'll be limited to their DCX line of controllers..

I went with the 500A to head off any overheating issues.. The 500 amp models are physically larger and have a larger heat sink area to dissipate heat.. I reprogrammed it and dialed back the max output to 80% (400 amps).. I have all the torque I could want with excellent top speed, and no problems with heat buildup..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks CC, do you recommend me getting a DCX 500 then? This size controller should help out with heating issues right? Here is what I found online.

http://www.epinions.com/prices/Dcx50...ub_Dcx_500_Amp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car