lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO Engine trouble

Ldoc, There is some great stuff from Brew City Music. I had forgotten about the blocked muffler syndrome and the main ground point. Good call BCM
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
LdocJohnson
Not Yet Wild

I have had ignition problems in the past.Maybe that's what it is.You guys know your Robins.Ill give these a try.Thanks guys for your help.I hope it works.
LdocJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
SIKPUP
Not Yet Wild

I chased what I thought was a fuel / governer issue to find out the coil was bad and not working under load, but worked at low rpms. But it wouldn't rev under load to any higher rpms. I checked all the fuel lines and pump and everything was ok. So I did the HEI convertion ( $18.00 ) and added a MSD coil. ( $ 78.00 ) new plug wires. It would have worked with just the new coil. This is on a 4 stroke 295.
SIKPUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

WOW, Sikpup - that's a hell of a coil !!! I went with a high-output universal of Ebay, it was right around $15 shipped and I like it so much I picked up a spare (just in case) - Ldoc, if you decide to go the HEI way either PM me or I'll try and remember to post links to both the module and the coil (although the modules are available at NAPA for like $26).

And yep - like I said, just because you have spark when you're turning it over doesn't mean you have, well, "Spark" with these things - I'd actually have been pretty piss*d after I figured it all out and criticized the design until I remembered these carts are 20+ years old and had the first major portion of their lives in hard, daily stop-and-go service.

BTW, we've been running around posting the property all day now in the 2PG, it's 50 degrees and after the initail start this AM, I haven't had to touch the choke once !!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Here we go, the coil is still available on Ebay, do a search for "HD UNIVERSAL 12 VOLT IGNITION COIL OVERSTOCK PC-2506" - $12.95 plus $5.50 shipping ... As to the HEI module, I have been having great success with an ACCEL 35361 (again, Ebay, $20 Brand New) ... figure you're going to have to get a new spark plug wire, too ($6.99 at Autozone) so you're at just under $50 for a full, kick-a** HEI/Coil conversion!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO