lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #11
jscritch913
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: parts shopping

I'm in need of a rebuilt transmission.....I have 1995 EZGO gas cart - any suggestions would be helpful
jscritch913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

post this in the want ads forum and you can also look at whats for sale..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #13
jscritch913
Not Yet Wild

will do....thanks!
jscritch913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #14
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A lot of times the price is reflected by how many pieces a supplier buys at a time. Some buy 10 or 20 at a time and some only buy 1 when they sell one. The more you buy the cheaper you buy them, same goes for shipping. This along with what the others have said is why prices vary so much.
In the last couple of days I've ordered about 2000.00 in parts for my cart, but I had to do it from several different businesses. Just my 2 cents.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not sure but some sponsors might give you a price break ifyou buy everything in one shot at one place. Make less % on each part but more money on total sale. I only need a few things at a time but want quality not junk, hate doing a job for a second time because the part gave out, then find the new price is what I would have paid if bought a good part the first time.

Just my $.02
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

I recently asked for a parts and price for a CC from a sponsor on this site. He gave me a price for a complete set up. OK! but the price range was more then $300.00 dollars plus shipping. More then I paid for basicaly the same set up. Or is the sponsor going to say the Alltrax controller is not as good as the one he sell's. I know that the prices vary somwhat, my point is why do they have to try and get it all at one time from one buyer.
Thanks again Joe
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

READ LURCH's post again as he hit the nail right on the head. Parts suppliers have to vary their prices by what they paid with freight for parts. You will find people on our forum site to be as compedative as possible.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m gonna bite my tongue a bit here and say it this way, up where i camp we have at least a dozen different little business,s going on maybe 2 dozen and these are also members of the campground and you know what......it cost a little more to buy from them but speaking for me........i buy everything i can from them.........from gravel to food because i know i can stop almost anytime including sundays and holidays and i,ll get taken care of........its my way of giving back a little and it really isn,t that much more.......we just talked them into putting a bank machine in and yes its a dollar more than if i ride out of the camp and drive 10 miles to another one but man who cares.........its the same here.........the people who sponser this site are just like us i mean come on try and call that place you saved 30 bucks on your alltrax and after business hours for help...GOOD LUCK.......just keep in mind if it wern,t for the sponsers here this site wouldn,t be here just look at some of the other sites ......that says it all..........you think i don,t know i can save a few bucks if i deal elsewhere else??? it not always about money.......maybe i,m bias because i do own a small business ( a beauty salon ) and customer service is what keeps us in business not that we charge 4 dollars more for a haircut than the big chain salons...............me and my wife work very hard for our money and before i just spend it i think hard about several things other than just cost.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #19
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If thats the case how should we decide which vendor to use, there are more than one that sells the same thing. Some just sell cheaper than the other one.
(I bought what I could from my local small golf cart shop), when the difference in price was to much I turned to the sponsors on here and did price check and bought accordingly.
I really think this is what you said unless I misread.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

At $30.00 dollars difference in price I would have bought from the sponsor just because I beleave it's the right thing to do. But I'm talking $300.00 dollars difference sorry for your misunderstanding. Joe P.S. no one Knows more then I do that you need to take care of the customers, thats how you stay in busness. I was in the electrical wholesale for over 20 yrs.and 30yrs maintenance high end plastics plant when parts are needed price was not an object.
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car