lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: parts shopping

when i buy from a sponser here most of the time i base it on who contributes the most here....and thats not a bad thing as far as the other sponsers go its just me.......we are all different and do thing different ( thank god ) and there are cases when bottom line has to be cost and yes if the difference is in the hundreds of dollars for the same products than whoever is charging that much more has a problem i mean i,m committed to hepling our sponsers but i,m not stupid thers something wrong if theres a 300 dollar difference for lets say a speed upgrade kit or a high speed motor or even a back seat kit............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #22
godawgs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My 0.02 worth. My dad and I own a lawn mower shop, and here is my bisuiness plan summed up. The first time you buy something its becouse you needed it. The second time its becouse you got such good service on the first item. I will not tolarate poor customer service, whether from some one in my shop or a distributor of mine. I feel so strongly about this that I have and will in the future give tech support over the phone on vacation.
godawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just like some of the site sponsers here......you can call them on a holiday and they,ll spend an hour on the phone with you trying to help........try that at most places and see what happens............................
Old 06-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #24
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've been out of work for a couple of years due to a severe lower back injury so I can safely state that I know that a penny saved is a penny earned. With that said, I fully plan on buying from the site sponsors even if it cost a little more.

The reason I am willing to do this is because they are on here helping everyone when they can AND I can tell that they know what they are talking about just by reading their posts. They also won’t steer me to a different (and more expensive) part that I don't need, just to make a sale.

Now like was stated earlier, I just can't afford to take that kind of loss if the price difference is in the hundreds of dollars, and will be forced to go to a different sponsor if I can and a non sponsor as a last resort.

I too ran my own business for several years and know the value of customer service. I also know it goes both ways too, if YOU don’t support the person helping you, they WILL NOT be there down the road when you need them.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

someone on a limited or fixed income i fully understand having to save money we all need to save a buck when we can but 99% of the time these guys here have the same price as anyone else and the fact is and we tend to forget this sometimes.....how much money have you saved just by coming to this site? and having someone talk you thur doing a repair yourself that the day before you never dreamed of trying.......you can,t even begin to put a price on that...................but even so the dealers have to make a living also and the tech guys who work for them ..........we have a few here ansd their knowledge is more than anyone could ask for its like having your own private golfcart guru..........and thats priceless also.......................
Old 06-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
rib33024

I would like to hear more about this, what parts were you getting, that one parts guy was $300 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe100 View Post
I recently asked for a parts and price for a CC from a sponsor on this site. He gave me a price for a complete set up. OK! but the price range was more then $300.00 dollars plus shipping. More then I paid for basicaly the same set up. Or is the sponsor going to say the Alltrax controller is not as good as the one he sell's. I know that the prices vary somwhat, my point is why do they have to try and get it all at one time from one buyer.
Thanks again Joe
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm all in favor of supporting BGW Sponsors I give whatever help I can just like Shadow and all of the other generous contributors here on the site.

This is a unique site with the open exchange of information. This open exchange is based on a give and take relationship. The Sponsors pay the site costs in hope that it will generate enough business to pay those costs and make a little profit. The members that freely Donate to the BGW site also pay the costs here and play a key role in keeping this site online ...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/misc.php?do=donate
My hat is off to those of you who read this and donate.

Sales is not what BGW is all about. It's about sharing information about a common interest and hobby.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah i,m kinda interested to......thats a huge difference between prices something tells me theres some mis comunication or something i find it hard to beleive theres that big a gap..............like i said if you check around you,ll find these sponsers are right in line and even cheaper in some instances......i have not dealt with all of them but i have no problems with the ones i do.....now if i run into a gap like that the 1st thing i,ll do is ask why such a difference and if thats the way it is than its my choice....but i think if i called and said hey so and so i can get that part for 40.00 bucks less you you want it wouldn,t surprise me if they matched it..........................
Old 06-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #29
godawgs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have run into big price gaps with small engines and parts. Most of the time you are comparing OEM TO CHINA MADE. this may not be the case but I'm sure it happens with buggie parts as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #30
godawgs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

oh yea before I found this I would not attempt fixxing my wifes electric CC. I'm a gas man I can fix my 97 EZ go and 96 Yamaha. So thanks to all
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car