lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
paradox998
Not Yet Wild

Default Pedal position & Speed?

I am new to club car carts (reformed ezgo owner) and need advice from the experts. I purchased a 1995 DS model with a high speed motor. I notice that sometimes the cart goes faster than other times and it seems that the exact angle of the pedal when fully depressed impacts the speed. I think what is going on is that the petal is not always engaging the highest speed potentiometer position. Does this make sense and is the linkage to the potentiometer adjustable? Thanks
paradox998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pedal position & Speed?

The gas peddle linkage in the CC is subject to adverse wear.... Check for wear. Does your old 95 have a potentiometer?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
paradox998
Not Yet Wild

I may be using the wrong term. If I understand how CC work, there are "steps" in the speed depending on which connection is made. I thought is was termed a multi-step potientometer. Will I ned to replace the linkage or is it adjustible?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Need more info, PACK VOLTAGE, MOTOR TYPES-- Series= ( lever F&R under right leg ), Regen= ( Rocker switch under right leg ), Type of pedal speed control ( black box under drivers side floor connected directly to pedal linkage ), ( Pie shaped black unit "V Glide" under drivers seat ), MCOR Unit under passenger floor, Possible Curtis PB-6 retro fit, Resistor coils behind batterys, Solid State controller behind seat, as so often changes have been made on that old a cart 1994- 1999 were years of change as they had just come out with 3 styles of pedal speed controls one of which is no longer available, other is as expensive as MCOR modern conversion depending on which pedal casting you have.
On some linkages during this period the wear on accelerator bearing brackets and or pedal linkage castings can cause problems like you are getting. Most often on pot hooked to pedal direct its the Accelerator bearing Brackets CC # 1011694 that gives problems? Leverage moves pot different as body flexes and minor change of pedal highth.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
paradox998
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I have some of the information, but unfortunately I am not where the cart is right now. It is a 48 volt car, non-regen, pie shaped unit under driver's side, forward/reverse on a lever mounted on the front of the seat housing, looks like a solid state controller mounted behind seat, No resistor coils.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would check condition of accelerator bracket and bushings for wear as older carts like yours can have lots of wear especially if not lubricated as required? With a V Glide unit and solid state controller your problem will most likely be in the V glide itself. Unclip side cover next to drivers side of cart and check condition of wiper arm brush where it contacts segemented base. With low voltage going through any dsicoloration, corrosion, dust, miss alignment, or roughness will give you variable speed. While apart check the wiper arm bushings for wear, check brush condition and most of all check wiper arm and spring. I find lots of weak springs that wont hold contact through wiper swing. There is an adjustment for wiper arm and wiper arm stop when pedal is not being pushed, that is ( .100 ). While checking unit remove rear cover ( most that old are gone ) and check condition and leads on electronic resisters across studs.
Club Car Parts list as needed
Wiper switch brush #1013860
Wiper arm bronze bushings ( 2 required ) #1012903
Wiper switch arm carrier assembly #1014017
Wiper arm switch brush spring #1013998
Accelerator bracket bushing assemblys ( 2 required ) # 1011694
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
paradox998
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Old Mec, you are truely an expert and I appreciate the help.

Tags
speed, throttle position
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car