lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 PDS will not go

When you say "no juice" on the terminals, exactly where's your meter leads attached?

One should be attached (- black) to the low side of the battery pack, the other (+Red) should be making the measurements at various points, in your case the small red wire as Scottyb suggested and on each end of the smaller, and larger terminals....

If you didn't do this before then repost the results.....

Forgive me if you already know this but there are a few people that have visited here that lack that knowledge.
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Thank you that was very helpful. Like i said before i'm very new at this and any new knowledge i can gain here will help for sure. No i didn't check the voltage the way you described above but will do so and let you know my results.
GoatRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Ok did what i thought was correct. I put the (- black) on the low side of the battery pack. ( I hope you were talking about the last battery in the chain) Then i started testing the batteries again by just touching the positive post. The battery test / voltage meter that i bought the needle was going off the chart. My guess is i'm still not doing it correctly. I have yet had time to test the solenoid that way.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your meter has a needle ..... you need to go to the store, HF, HD, Wallymart, anyone of them carry reasonably priced multifunction digital voltmeters

Get one

Start by learning to read a single battery, then a pair, then the whole pack.... now ! ... we can do this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Yeah i kind of thought i had the wrong tool. Thanks Scotty for your help. i'll get an actual digital meter and go from there.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRoper View Post
Yeah i kind of thought i had the wrong tool. Thanks Scotty for your help. i'll get an actual digital meter and go from there.
The modern digital multimeter is easy to use. Find one in your price range with a 20VDC (volts DC) and a 200VDC setting. Every sparkie owner should have one....
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRoper View Post
Good idea and this time you were doing it correctly. The (- black) meter lead does go to the last battery in the pack and stays there for all subsequent measurements.
There are other places in the cart that you can attach it to that's electrically the same as the last battery but until you gain some experience and confidence keep it on the last battery and place the (+Red) probe where directed by Scottyb.
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #18
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much. Also i sure thought that battery tester was going to blow up in my hands. The coils in that darn thing almost melted.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #19
GoatRoper
Not Yet Wild

Ok i bought the multimeter and was able to get an accurate reading from my batteries as well as my solenoid that i can tell. All batteries when test showed around 31.5 - 38.6 except 1 and it showed around 12.5. I also tested the solenoid with the key on and the pedal depressed and it showed around 38 on all post. I tested the the 2 larger post above the solenoid and one showed 38 and the other didnt' even register.....???. Any ideas?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We are going to assume a stock cart with six 6v batteries.
Standard meter set to 200 VDC
One battery should read 6.1v or close
All six batteries are connected in series, meaning they are connected with cables positive to negative in a string. The first battery + to - will read 6v the first 2 batteries + to - will read 12v ( actually 12.something = 12.3 or 12.6)

Once you get those readings, notice there are two battery posts which are not connected to another battery. They are both on the passenger side and they are the cart's main pos+ and neg- ... read pack voltage here.... The + cable connects to the solenoid. Does the solenoid click when you try to go? If yes, put the black (-) test lead on the battery pack main neg. and the red on the solenoid 2 Large terminals and test both sides. when solenoid is off power (36v) on one side when it clicks 36v on both sides.

Read this several times and answer all the questions, thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO