lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Kelly G
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Battery exploded

I got a 06 precedent last week and today when I backed it out the carport and started to go forward it went about 10 feet and a buzzer started going off and the battery light came on. I switched the cart on and off a couple time but the light was still on so I pressed the pedal and it went Boom, sounded like a bomb went off under the seat. I lifted the seat and it blew the top off one of the batteries. Anyone know what caused this to happen? Im a little nervous now about putting in another battery and pressing the pedal.
Kelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery exploded

Bad battery, sparked internally or spark at connection. The hydrogen built up to explosive level, with the right amount of O^2. Be glad you had the seat down. would replace all cables. make sure they are tight. If you bought at a dealer call them to check out, and repair.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The battery obviously gassed. But where the spark came from who knows. Where the water levels ok? One theory I have is that if batteries are not watered on a consistent basis causing the levels dip too low and overcharged many times, the plates will actually grow, contacting the opposite bridge (strap) and cause a spark. Since it blew up, you have a good opportunity to look at it. I would be very cautious with the other existing batteries as well.

Good luck and be safe.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
Kelly G
Getting Wild

Club Car

Got new batteries today and all is well.
Kelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #5
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hope you washed the frame down well with baking soda
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car