lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Golf Cart "Pecking Order"

This may be the wrong place to ask since it is the EZGO Electric area, but what is the pecking order for value/prestige/quality of various brands and models of electric Golf Carts.

For example back before General Motors became Government Motors and they still made cars in the U.S. of A., the pecking order was:
Cadillac - Oldsmobile - Buick - Pontiac - Chevrolet

And there were similar breakdowns for the Ford and Chrysler brands.

I'm pretty sure my 2008 EXGO TXT PDS isn't the top of the EZGO line since it was formally part of a golf course fleet, (Possibly Coyote Lakes in AZ) but I don't know if EZGO is a top line company, a mediocre one or a purveyor of junk.

I never knew anything about golf carts until I got one earlier this month and was wondering were my cart fits in the overall scheme of things.

Thanks,
John
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf Cart "Pecking Order"

Since I have an EZgo, It's on top of course......
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

have Owned nothing but EZGO, no problems much, always fix my problems with upgrades. I like ezgo.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ezgo Workhorse with BB upgrade,do they make anything else
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have just a little different take i hope you guys don,t mind cause this takes nothing away from E-Z go.......i own 5 carts 3 electric C.C,s 97,96,93.......a 1990 gas C.C. and a 91 gas E-Z go 2 cycle oh almost forgot i have another gas cart its a no namer but most of the parts look like they would interchange with a E-Z go.............. the E-Z elec,s really went thur hubs and controllers more than i liked but i really like the gas E-Z over the C.C. gas as far as running and tweaking price of parts.......i got my gas C.C. given to me several years ago for doing some cart repairs so the price was right.....but even in 12 inches of snow i can,t even think of taking a C.C. out but my E-Z is a beast and its all stock..........cripes i wish i could think of the name of #6 but the drivers seat is a bucket seat and the drivers side has a lever when you sit down but when you get off the seat comes up a few inches and if carts running it stops it some sort of safety device.....also has 2 spark plugs but is gas/oil mix......any of you E-Z guys know why the elec,s seem to tear up hubs but the gassers don,t?.....................anyways now E-Z has a 48 volt and i can,t wait to try one...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In terms of overall sales volume E-Z-GO is still the top of the list......

That being said, I am an E-Z-GO trained mechanic and I may be somewhat biased but in my opinion E-Z-GO is the top of the line when it comes to reliability of it's electronics. I typically have to repair 10 Club Cars to every 1 E-Z-GO that comes through my shop. In terms of ride comfort however, Club Car has them all beat hands down. Keep in mind, I am talking about a comparison of bone stock cars, no modifications whatsoever.

When a customer comes into my shop looking for a car, The one overwhelming question they ask is which is the best.... Well, the "Best" in my opinion is to take a Club car (for the ride comfort) and modify it using E-Z-GO (or other aftermarket) electronics.

When it comes to gas... Give me a 94-2005 E-Z-GO with the twin cylinder Fuji Robin Engine any day over that Kawasaki single cylinder......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you crazy!? What CC rides better than a worn out TXT?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Are you crazy!? What CC rides better than a worn out TXT?
ummmm..... pretty much all of them? Sorry Scotty, you know I love E-Z-GO carts because they are reliable, but I have to admit, CC makes a super smooth ride to a non modified cart.....

that being said, stick a LT Jakes lift kit on the E-Z-GO and I am sold......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO