lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
sinktip
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Charger ID

I got this charger with my 1997 48V DS.
I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to how good it is. My computer was hacked up so I was wondering if I can use this to charge still or if I ought to sell it and buy a smart charger.
This one says something about "intelligent charger", does that mean it only works with the OBC?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0554.jpg (173.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0553[1].jpg (179.5 KB, 11 views)
sinktip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Charger ID

thats more than likely the charger that came with the cart........looks like someone carried it around by the cord, did you try it to see if it works on cart? .....what do you mean computer was hacked up.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
sinktip
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi Shadowman, here is a link to the thread I started when I got the cart. the thread seems to have run out of steam so I decided to start a new one.
You can see that the computer wiring is pretty messed up. I heard that there is a way to modify it to bypass the OBC.
The other thread:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...v-project.html
Old 07-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok i remember now...you can get around the OBC however i don,t think yuo can get around it when its completly disconnected.....i,m not 100% certaion as i have never tried.......but if you by pass the low voltage sensor in that charger and see if the charger runs ......how far are you with it? is cart running.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
sinktip
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart is not running - yet. I've been slammed with work, kids and house renovations.
I hope to get the battery wires hooked up this weekend and would like to push some voltage into the batteries from the charger.
I read somewhere that the charger can be modified to just push full voltage into the system, just can't find the website where I read that.
Grant
Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well a quick and dangerous way of puching voltage into the pack is to take the 2 black wires off the relay inside the charger and connect them together. You will also have to run a new wire on the cart from the back of the charger plug in to the 48 volt ground on the battery pack.

As I said in the other thread there are ways of modifying the charger to work correctly that do not use the OBC. You have to install a new processor board on the charger to do this.

Here is the best I have found for that particular case:

http://www.nivelparts.com/pages/prod...41&c=009003&n=

If you contact ScottyB, I am sure he can get you a good price on that unit and mail it to you.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car