lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Sandcard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car

Being a new Club Car owner (199 what regular maintenance items should I go out and do? I am putting in new batteries as we speak but see other stuff listed and want to make sure I do the right things.

Thanks, you all are great resources for newbies like me! :)
Sandcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car

First thing to do when you remove those old batteries is hose out the battery trays. Do it somewhere the acid won't mark the pavement or? Use a leaf blower or wait for it to dry and apply a scrapper and battery cleaner spay. Rinse and repeat as needed ... this will remove heavy corrosion and neutralize the trays... now dry and inspect for structural damage. Repair any damage and install new batteries,hold downs, and cables.

Grease the front end, check the rear end Lube (30wt oil), check and adjust the brakes, tire pressure.... and GO
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car

First of all you should know what year cart you have ( complete serial number on frame under passenger side glove box ), then is cart Series Motor ( F&R lever under right leg ), or Shunt Motor ( F&R rocker type switch under right leg ). Then voltage 36 volts ( 3 distilled water fills ), or 48 volts ( 4 distilled water fills ).
As to new batterys
#1 Charge batterys completely before using cart for first time
#2 Never allow batterys below 75% of fully charged and place on charger after each use no matter how short run
#3 To get full power requires 20-100 discharge-charge cycles so be patient
#4 Check distilled water level at least twice a month and only after fully charged and fill only to about 1/4" above plates
LUBRICATION
1-With a new to you cart I would recomend draining differential and refill with 30 weight motor oil ( about 22 ounces ) look for metal flaks or gear parts when draining
2-Check differential oil level at least twice a year ( just to bottom of fill hole )
3-Lubricate front end twice a year ( chassis grease and gun ) tie rod ends and spindles ( 5 ) fittings
4-Lubricate pedal bushings and brake cables twice a year ( Dry Moly Lub )
5-Check front wheel bearings once a year and repack as needed with chassis Grease
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car