lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
n00b
Not Yet Wild

Default would you buy from a golf course?

I am still looking for my first cart, and just saw an ad for a semi-local (90 min drive) golf course selling their 2008 EZ Go carts for $1625.00. They have 40 of them. The price looks great and I figure with 40 to choose from I can get a pretty clean one. The only mod I know I wold want would be a rear seat, anything else would come later.

Any thing I need to know? Thanks for your input.
n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: would you buy from a golf course?

That is where most come from anyway, you are just cutting out the middle man and saving some $$
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Check the age of the batteries. They are probably original Trojans. Look for corrosion on ANY cables/wiring, as well as rust on the frame.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
n00b
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Check the age of the batteries. They are probably original Trojans.
I am guessing they are original as well. How much life would expect fro a heavily used 3 year old battery? I was hoping for a year or so. I don't need especially long charge life, I will be using it to ferry guests/fuel/coolers a couple hundred yards a few times a day.

Quote:
Look for corrosion on ANY cables/wiring, as well as rust on the frame.
Any areas that need special attention?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
I am guessing they are original as well. How much life would expect fro a heavily used 3 year old battery? I was hoping for a year or so. I don't need especially long charge life, I will be using it to ferry guests/fuel/coolers a couple hundred yards a few times a day.

Any areas that need special attention?
If the batteries were cared for properly, there could be a few years left in them. Test each one with a multimeter. Look for readings within .05v of each other. A load test would be even better. The club may or may not be equipped to do this. Also, all batteries should have the same numbers stamped in the terminal posts indicating a matched set.

As for corrosion, check the battery rack and the frame rails. Some corrosion is expected, but it should be minimal.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
n00b
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If the batteries were cared for properly, there could be a few years left in them. Test each one with a multimeter. Look for readings within .05v of each other. A load test would be even better. The club may or may not be equipped to do this. Also, all batteries should have the same numbers stamped in the terminal posts indicating a matched set.

As for corrosion, check the battery rack and the frame rails. Some corrosion is expected, but it should be minimal.
Good advice, thanks. I'll bring the meter and check the rails. Don't know how to do a load test. As for the numbers, are you talking about the Month/year, or will there be others as well?

Hopefully with many to choose from I can find a good one.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Yes, I am referring to the month/year info on the batteries. A load test is performed across the entire pack at once into a resistance coil versus time. It tells you the state of the pack and it's ability to run the cart over distance (range).
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Any type of warranty or As Is? One thing about a Dealer is the warranty. Saving $$$ isn't everything to consider.

Outside of that, Golf course carts are good. Great choice of 40 some carts.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One thing to think about is what kind of course is it. Mine came from a private course, in a retirement community, limited to 315 members and NO GUESTS policy. It is in considerably better shape than one that would come from something like a public course in Las Vegas... where people drink too many beers and run over stuff/jump things with them. (Don't ask me how I know that)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

If those batteries are original 08's then IMO they'll be very near end of life as courses/fleets routinely discharge below 50% DOD and cycle the fool out of all of them.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO