lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear axle lift 2000 club car

Has anyone designed and built their own rear axle lift?
I'm going with a "Z" type front lift,which I think I have pretty well sussed but would like to see pics and ideas for the rear lift.
The standard type look a bit iffy to me, I'm sure I'm wrong but would like to see anything you guys have come up with.

Also any recommendations on shocks etc.

Thanks Ian.
pacific marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear axle lift 2000 club car

I built my own lift. Z lift 8" I posted pic's of my set up, you can look up my previous post n check um out. I just made a copy of the plate the shock is mounted to, that way I was able to keep the stock shock, I've seen people use car shocks so they were able to mount from factory top mount to new lower mounting point.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I did a true axle flip net gain was 4 inches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

On the club car villager we made a flat bed truck we just unbolted the tubes and rotated them 180 degrees so the perches were on top. Then we flipped the axle bolt and put in 2" blocks from autozone. After that we swapped the rear brake "slave" cylinder from left to right. That was it 8" of lift for the cost of 2" blocks and rear end fluid. And doing it that way the block kit came with new U bolts and the stock rear shocks stay mounted in the same place so you don't need to replace them. It worked out really really well. If you want I can get you pics.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Tom Burke
Gone Wild

Club Car

JcXtreme72 do you have any pics? Do you know if the axle tube flip could be done on a Carryall with manual brakes?
Tom Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

here are two from back when i lifted mine i say 8" of lift but true is 7 1/2", common lift just as you would a truck, leaf over axle and block to height. like scotty said just flipping the axle alone will lift you 4" in the rear, you said you was building a Z but you never said how high, at least i dont thik ya did anyways lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (77.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (98.4 KB, 42 views)
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all.
Fly, Im only lifting 4".
I've looked thru all 100 and something pages re "Lifted Carts" and couldn't really find anything.
Can someone run me through flipping the axle, I have no idea what this entails.

I'm going to start the strip down tomorrow, so should have more idea what to look for...ha thats the idea anyway.
Cheers.

Must remember the camera!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

JC ,I just re read your post,pics would be great
Thanks, Ian.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll post pics later today and yes it works with manual brakes that what his cart has that why I "" the word slave. All you have to do is support your engine with a jack (if it's gas) then put some jack stands on the frame. Drain the rear end, Take off the leaf springs, then take the 7 bolts out per side that holds the axle tube to the center sections the twist your tubes and flip your center bolt on the leaf spring bolt it all together. The flip it's self will get you between 4" to 6" depending on your rear springs. His is a Villager6 so it has the HD springs. On a single spring setup on the rear it will only get you 4". Once everything is bolted together top off your diff again. Then remove the wheels and tires (if you haven't already) and remove the brake drum. Good time to inspect the brakes too. On the axle shaft in front of you there is about a 1 - 1 1/2 hole on the flange rotate that till you see the snap ring holding in the axle shaft. Get some good long and skinny needle nose pliers we do have about 6 pairs of snap ring pliers but none fit. Remove the ring then the axle. Now when looking at the brakes there are 2 pins at the 3 o clock and 9 o clock position twist them 90 degrees so they can come out of the spring plate that is holding them and your brake shoes come right off. Next undo the 4 bolts behind and remove the brake assembly from the backing plate. Do that to the other side and then bolt up your brake assembly putting the left one on the right and vise versa. The reason you have to do this is after rotation the axle tube you will have to pull the brake lever on the brake assembly towards the rear of the cart instead of the front. The tubs are a press fit and don't require a gasket at all. And the shafts are 2 different sizes so you can't get that wrong either. All and all I think it's my favorite way of lifting the club car's rear end. Using everything that's already there not adding any brackets or anything.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JC
I'm sure I'll understand all that after I've read it a few dozen times!
Fancy a trip to the UK to demonstrate how it's done
Think I'll print it off and enlarge and encapsulate it for reference as I go.
Oh well, I've got all winter.

I was going to lift the front 4" but at the moment I only have a single rear leaf spring.
I'm going to replace this with a heavy duty spring so is that going to give me a 6" lift and if so should I lift the front by 6" as well?

Cheers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car