lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
indytriker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Update of Is My OBC Bad? Confused? Yes I am.

This began as --------------------------------------------------------------------------------'98 48 V series cart. Solenoid wasn't picking up, so I found that + not getting to solenoid coil. Microswitches check OK. Reset OBC and it seems to be OK and runs. Drove around for 20 minutes. Tried again 3 hours later no go. Reset OBC again it runs. I would guess I have a bad OBC?
Now things changed.
I did jumper neg batt to solenoid coil with a no go. Reset OBC numerous times and now a no go all the time. I can jump the solenoid contact and still a no go. Now is it a bad OBC for sure? OBC is Lester 101909901 Part No. 21065-01
indytriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: Update of Is My OBC Bad? Confused? Yes I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytriker View Post
This began as --------------------------------------------------------------------------------'98 48 V series cart. Solenoid wasn't picking up, so I found that + not getting to solenoid coil. Microswitches check OK. Reset OBC and it seems to be OK and runs. Drove around for 20 minutes. Tried again 3 hours later no go. Reset OBC again it runs. I would guess I have a bad OBC?
Now things changed.
I did jumper neg batt to solenoid coil with a no go. Reset OBC numerous times and now a no go all the time. I can jump the solenoid contact and still a no go. Now is it a bad OBC for sure? OBC is Lester 101909901 Part No. 21065-01
The OBC is not your problem. The only function the OBC has in the running of your cart is to provide the negative feed to the battery from the solenoid when the battery charger is not plugged into the cart. You have already bypassed the OBC by running a jumper from the solenoid coil (-) to the battery (-) If you have jumped the large posts of the solenoid with no luck then I would look at either the Speed Controller or motor as the culprit. If you are still not getting (+) to the solenoid coil then look at key switch,micro switch in V-Glide and Fwd/Rev and wire continuity.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i don,t know if the problem is with your OBC or not but YES a bad OBC will stop a cart in its tracks...............they go bad 100 different ways sometimes cart will run but not charge some it won,t do either sometimes it won,t shut charger off........and on and on but if your not getting power to engage solenoid i would look before it like F&R or activation micro.......something in the system that isn,t sending power, there should be a wiring diagram in the stickies it may help....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i don,t know if the problem is with your OBC or not but YES a bad OBC will stop a cart in its tracks...............they go bad 100 different ways sometimes cart will run but not charge some it won,t do either sometimes it won,t shut charger off........and on and on but if your not getting power to engage solenoid i would look before it like F&R or activation micro.......something in the system that isn,t sending power, there should be a wiring diagram in the stickies it may help....................................
Perhaps the manual best describes the electrical circuits of the cart
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
indytriker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Saying thanks to Golfdog and Shadowman. I did get this problem fixed I hope. Seems when I removed the dash panel and moved afew things the back of the ignition switch fell apart. I think the switch has been intermittent for a while. It is going again with a new toggle switch.
Thanks
indytriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytriker View Post
Saying thanks to Golfdog and Shadowman. I did get this problem fixed I hope. Seems when I removed the dash panel and moved afew things the back of the ignition switch fell apart. I think the switch has been intermittent for a while. It is going again with a new toggle switch.
Thanks
see thats info that was left out ( the dash panel being taken out ) you have to be very careful, i had a guy do that without disconnecting batteries and he ended up frying everything elec. part in the cart including the main harness............................i hope takes care of it..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car