lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #21
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Medium duty springs for Club Car

8-point, What springs did you eventually end up getting? The medium duty springs? Are they a single leaf? I saw in your signature it says heavy duty springs. Any help would be good. I could us a little leveling our too. thanks
Divebmbr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
Grego1962
Not Yet Wild

I used a set that are triple spring leafs with new bushings. Your old u-bolts will work with these. I paid $114.00 for the set. Best of all they are a site sponsor....Cart Parts Plus........Like I had said, these worked great and I will buy them again...
Grego1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #23
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebmbr48 View Post
8-point, What springs did you eventually end up getting? The medium duty springs? Are they a single leaf? I saw in your signature it says heavy duty springs. Any help would be good. I could us a little leveling our too. thanks
I got the 4 leaf HD’s and took the second shortest leaf off. Didn’t think I really needed that much stiffness. I was amazed at the improvement on leveling from left to right and raising the rear. I can haul much more now too. I will recommend this to anybody that still has the factory single leaf and has or will have a rear seat and/or haul anything on the rear. Some people keep 4 leafs. All a matter of preference.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #24
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool. I'll look at both. Did the short leaf just come out or did you have to cut out a rivot or anything. Grego, I was looking at the single left at carts plus. I plan on getting somethjng an installing when I do my lift. It's just hard to know. Thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #25
Grego1962
Not Yet Wild

Divebmbr48,

I think it is probably cheaper to do it 8-points way but I didn't want to mess with taking springs out. I know I would never get things back the way they were suppose to go. I did also move the new spring on top of the axle which provided nice additional lift to the cart. I would use these springs even on a lifted cart. They are listed under "Precedent Medium Duty Springs Rear" on Cart Parts Plus... Good Luck and let us know what you decide to go with.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #26
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just went and looked. I saw that it different for the DS. It's a single leaf which I'm okay with. Is it common to move it on top of leaf? Also will the lift kit blocks still work the? Sorry for hijacking thread it's just that I'll orob get the med duty spring then post a comment here about it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #27
Grego1962
Not Yet Wild

I think everybody moves it to the top...Sometimes you can move the regular OEm spring tot he top and get enough stiffness out of it to fix your problem but I think I would go ahead and replace rather then reuse. Yes it also works with the lift kits just fine. There is absolutely no difference in how the springs work with or without lift kits (at least as far as precedent...don't know about DS)....You will need to use your longer shackles from the lift kit though.....It is real simple job...
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #28
Divebmbr48
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok. I guess I'll order the medium duty single leaf ones. I have a saggy left leaf so need to replace anyway. I am assuming someone has posted pics somewhere about swapping axel placement.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #29
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebmbr48 View Post
Cool. Did the short leaf just come out or did you have to cut out a rivot or anything.
It was held together with bolt/nut.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #30
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
One can buy aftermarket HD springs under $100 and the ones I have purchased and others I have seen were either bolted or riveted together in the center with straps on either end holding spring set together . . .

For those that have removed the straps to take out a spring, what have you done after that? Did you re-strap or leave the straps off? I ask because the straps would now be too large once a spring was removed, correct?
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car