lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
convincor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2007 CC Precedent Upgrade Questions

I found a PDF file for the directions to the Allsports rear seat kit. It looks like a nice kit with detailed instructions.
convincor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
kbrehbay
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

The rear seat is from Redhawk and I had to install new rear roof supports as the originals would not work. The instructions for installation were terrible to say the least but I was able to look at a cart that had the seat already installed so my install was pretty easy. The speedy link installs in the wiring harness just before the motor. Do a search for it. I chose this upgrade because of the reasonable cost ($136) and the fact that my local CC dealer doesn't have the setup to reprogram the cart.
kbrehbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrehbay View Post
The rear seat is from Redhawk and I had to install new rear roof supports as the originals would not work. The instructions for installation were terrible to say the least but I was able to look at a cart that had the seat already installed so my install was pretty easy. The speedy link installs in the wiring harness just before the motor. Do a search for it. I chose this upgrade because of the reasonable cost ($136) and the fact that my local CC dealer doesn't have the setup to reprogram the cart.
Is their any difference in the performance as far as speed and torque between the Speedylink and the setting 4 programming or do they do the same thing?
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Chipster27
Getting Wild

With respect to the back seat. I just purchased and am installing the Trademark Carts kit and so far I'm pretty happy with it. They are a site sponsor and have been great to work with.

It uses the stock roof supports and sweater basket and because the seat sits a little further back you can still use the bag well for storage.

Here's a pic from their site:
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. Do you have front seat belts? If so, did you have to order a special bracket for the Precedent?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you have front seat belts? If so, did you have to order a special bracket for the Precedent?
I don't have front seat belts, sorry I can't help you with that.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
With respect to the back seat. I just purchased and am installing the Trademark Carts kit and so far I'm pretty happy with it. They are a site sponsor and have been great to work with.

If the one for the Precedent is like the one I bought from them for my DS, it's a heavy sucker, ain't it??

. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
If the one for the Precedent is like the one I bought from them for my DS, it's a heavy sucker, ain't it??

. . .
Heck yea! I think 132 pounds shipped. Funny thing. FedEx said they delivered the box to my door step. I came home and it wasn't there. I called FedEx and they start with the, could someone have brought it in, could it be under the mat, blah blah blah. On that same day I also had two packages with wheels in them. Each package was 50 pounds. So I tell FedEx, you mean to tell me someone stole a 4'x3'x2' foot one hundred pound package but left behind two smaller boxes that said Fariway Alloys Yea riiiigghhhht.

Trademark made a claim and sent me another seat kit. Once I received it and saw the size/weight of the box I thought, there is no way in hell someone rolled up to my porch and took this package.

Anyway, yes, heavy duty and it looks great! I love that I was able to keep the storage between the front and rear seats!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
Heck yea! I think 132 pounds shipped. Funny thing. FedEx said they delivered the box to my door step. I came home and it wasn't there. I called FedEx and they start with the, could someone have brought it in, could it be under the mat, blah blah blah. On that same day I also had two packages with wheels in them. Each package was 50 pounds. So I tell FedEx, you mean to tell me someone stole a 4'x3'x2' foot one hundred pound package but left behind two smaller boxes that said Fariway Alloys Yea riiiigghhhht.

Trademark made a claim and sent me another seat kit. Once I received it and saw the size/weight of the box I thought, there is no way in hell someone rolled up to my porch and took this package.

Anyway, yes, heavy duty and it looks great! I love that I was able to keep the storage between the front and rear seats!
Did you install HD rear springs?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Did you install HD rear springs?
Yes. I figure between a 100 pound seat, and another 300 pounds with 2 passengers it would be a good thing to do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car