lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Multiple solenoids, that brings back some memories. From '86-87 I worked as a mechanic in the cart barn for a country club. The carts were a CC DSs so I became pretty good at fixing them. They used to run on solenoids and the cart used to retrieve balls from the range was constantly burning up solenoids because they would run it at 1/4-1/2 throttle. I don't recall the particulars, but I believe those carts were pretty much designed to run at full throttle and for some reason running at anything less for an extended period of time would burn up the solenoids.

Sheesh if I had just stayed there and started doing custom work on carts back them...I could have been the OCC of golf carts, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
bjl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: When did CC Change to V-Glide?

My 87 had a single solenoid with resistors and the black pie shaped wiper box thingy before I converted it to a controler cart and 48 volts with parts purchased from Scottyb. Good investment for the extended run time, torque and no worrys of hot coils starting a pasture fire while I am out hunting.
BJ
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car