lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
sp7128
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

So I bought an inductive rev limiter ..that has the option to send a ground signal at a specific rpm....(rpm is adjustable with a twist of a knob) so I am going to hook the factory rev limiter ground wire to the wire that grounds at the desired rpm off teh inductive rev limiter....this way I can set rev limiter at 4000 or whatever I want and the signal will then ground the factory rev limiter...all this hooks up via a switched 12 v, a negative wire and the inductive wire attached to the spark plug wire....hopefully this works !!!!!
sp7128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp7128 View Post
So I bought an inductive rev limiter ..that has the option to send a ground signal at a specific rpm....(rpm is adjustable with a twist of a knob) so I am going to hook the factory rev limiter ground wire to the wire that grounds at the desired rpm off teh inductive rev limiter....this way I can set rev limiter at 4000 or whatever I want and the signal will then ground the factory rev limiter...all this hooks up via a switched 12 v, a negative wire and the inductive wire attached to the spark plug wire....hopefully this works !!!!!
That's a new one on me, how are you going to know the accuracy of this device ? Do you have access to a mechanical or digital calibration system to base the readings upon ?

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #13
sp7128
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I can just use my digital inductive mini tach / hour meter to verify rpms...this is a production made box...not something I created in my garage.
sp7128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
so gov was out of wack.....yes you can run it just don,t over rev it 3900 rpm,s is safe i think the limit is 4300 rpms........if your not sure buy yourself a tiny tach.......i take it that you didn,t mess with the gov? someone else did.......i see that a lot and when it runs like crap they quit and blame it on something else..........................
Exactly this was one of those a buddy calls an say's I think the coil is bad and when I get it to the shop it's had every hillbilly in the world try to fix this and that and now he wants me to fix it! Well thanks to you guys I got it up and running like new in just a few minutes.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

one of the 1st questions i ask a person is how many people touched this cart........i turn down more business because of this........people just look at me and scratch their heads but i have enough to do without having to try and un-do the damage someone else does.......i learned the hard way about it.........i ended up having to put money and time into a cart that i worked on after the person had 7 other people work on it.......i got the blame for everything and that will never happen again.......if its my fault so be it but if not your not gonna make it my fault................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
one of the 1st questions i ask a person is how many people touched this cart........i turn down more business because of this........people just look at me and scratch their heads but i have enough to do without having to try and un-do the damage someone else does.......i learned the hard way about it.........i ended up having to put money and time into a cart that i worked on after the person had 7 other people work on it.......i got the blame for everything and that will never happen again.......if its my fault so be it but if not your not gonna make it my fault................................

Man I think we must have met in another life. That sounds like what I normally do. This time I got suckered It's a 87 year old buddy of mine and I had to say ok I'l look at it. Only because a so called shop wanted to charge over$400 to replace the coil that come to find out wasn't bad. I'm a Doctor and it just really upsets me to see people in other professions (and even worse in mine) try to take advantage of others.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post

Man I think we must have met in another life. That sounds like what I normally do. This time I got suckered It's a 87 year old buddy of mine and I had to say ok I'l look at it. Only because a so called shop wanted to charge over$400 to replace the coil that come to find out wasn't bad. I'm a Doctor and it just really upsets me to see people in other professions (and even worse in mine) try to take advantage of others.
so your an MD. man i don,t envy you...........................
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No not M.D. I have a D.C. And D. O. and a masters in Mechanical engineering go figure that one out
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well shadow I thought it was working ok. I took it out for a long run today (several hour ride) and all be *** if it didn't start cutting in and out again. I pulled the air intake hose off and it would restart and run for a minute but then right back to messing up?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

so we are back to square one? nothing came loose did it?.....i take it its doing the same thing.............................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car